thirty-two.

"Okay well I'm just a little bit nervous because I'm literally meeting your dad." Steve said, his frustration at their argument making him sweat.

"Dude I already told you theres no reason to be nervous. My dad is literally the guy adult version of me." Christine said, thinking she was making things better. Steve instructed her to turn down a street, the boy gripping the map in his hands as he scoffed.

"You literally are stressing me out! Like you're really making me— turn here!" Steve yelled, the girl whipping the car around a street corner. She  punched him in the arm as they both settled back, Steve gripping the handle on the top of the car door. "And now you're trying to kill me!"

"You're the one who didn't tell me about the turn sooner!"

"Don't blame me for your reckless driving!"

"I wouldn't be blaming you if you weren't being a dick Steve!"

"No you're being a dick!" Steve finished, the two of them settling into a heated silence. He used his hands to instruct her on turns for the rest of the 20 minutes they had left of the drive to her dads. When they pulled into the driveway of her dads house she parked the car, letting out a sigh and then laying her head against the steering wheel.

"Okay I'm sorry. Fuck you." Christine said, shaking her head at him as she looked at him. He rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest and giving her a dumbfounded look.

"So you're going to apologize and then say fuck you? Then you're not actually sorry."

"Yes I am. I just hate admitting when I'm in the wrong."

"Well I never thought I'd love to see the day that you admitted you're in the wrong. This is monumental. I wish I had a camera where I could take a picture so I could keep it and remember this moment forever." Steve lifted his hands, making it look like he was holding a camera, the girl scowling at him as he pretended to click the camera. He cringed, looking down at it and shaking his head. "Bad angle. Try again. Say cheese!" He said, relighting the fake camera and taking another picture. Christine couldn't help but smile a little as he lowered his hands, the boy nodding his head at the imaginary  picture. "Oh yeah...that one was better."

The anger between them melted away, Christine pushing his shoulder and then unbuckling her seatbelt. Steve suddenly realized they were there, his heartbeat accelerating and his nerves kicking in. He always got nervous when he met the parents, not that they were dating or anything, but he still felt scared to meet her dad. Not only was this Christines dad, this was Nancy's uncle.

Steve finally unbuckled his seatbelt, wiping his sweaty hands on his jeans and letting out a nervous breath. Christine almost laughed to herself at how genuinely scared he was to be here, her nose scrunching up a little bit as she tried her hardest to keep a laugh in. She led the way, the girl beaming with some kind of excitement as she knocked on the front door. She gave the sweaty Steve an excited look, both of them hearing footsteps from the other side of the door. The door opened, Christine letting out an excited yell as she jumped forwards, hugging her father as tightly as possible.

"Pumpkin I'm so excited to see you!" Phil Wheeler said, his eyes closing as he hugged his daughter. He held her head with his hand, the two sharing a sweet moment before Christine finally pulled back. She grabbed Steve by the arm, giving her dad a smile and then speaking.