forty-nine.

The rain outside was monumentally heavy, Christine feeling like she was drowning at some points if she didn't move. She was wearing a raincoat, one of the two that very much did not have a good, her hair stuck to her forehead as she looked over the side of the wall they were hiding behind. A truck was backing in, Christine scooting a little closer to Dustin who was beside her. Steve and Robin were on the other side of him, the thunder rumbling overhead as Robin spoke.

"Look for Imperial Panda and Kaufman shoes." She said over the thunder, Christine wiping the rain from her face and nodding to herself. A guy walked out of a door, whistling in his yellow raincoat , Dustin spotting the panda on the side of the box and informing the rest of them.

"They're with that whistling guy, ten o'clock." They all looks to the guy, Steve asking a question that they were all wondering.

""What do you think's in there?"

"Guns, bombs?" Dustin suggested, Robin throwing he down suggestion in.

"Chemical weapons?"

"Chinese food?" Christine joked, knowing that it probably definitely was not Chinese food. Dustin gave her a obvious look, the girl slightly grinning at his reaction.

"Whatever it is they're armed to the teeth." Dustin announced, the thunder clapping overhead again and making Christine pull her jacket closer to herself. She wiped her eyes again, a shiver going down her spine as she tried to stay warm in the coat.

"Great. That's great." Steve said in a condescending tone, the boy wiping the water from his own eyes, unable to reopen them due to the water. The door opened to the building, Robin looking to Dustin for an answer to where next question.

"Hey! What's in there?!" She called over the rain, Dustin looking through the binoculars and answering.

"It's just more boxes." Dustin said.

"Let me check it out." Steve said, grabbing the binoculars form Dustins hands.

"No I'm still looking."

"Lemme see it." Steve said, continuing to pull the binoculars.

"Hang on!" Dustin pulled back, a loud bang sounded when the binoculars hit the metal they were leaned on. Christine immediately ducked when the men with the guns looked at them, Dustin telling them to duck down. The breaths between all of them were heavy, Christine looking over to make sure that they had all gotten down.

Christine felt her heart drop and her stomach clench when she saw Steve Harrington gripping the life out of Robin Buckley's hand. Robin looked over at Steve, her eyes widening as she realized internally that this looked very wrong, dropping Steve's hand and trying to control her breathing. Steve didn't seem to notice anything that was happening, the boy just scared that they're ere going to get brutally murdered by Russians with guns. Christine pushed away from the wall with a huff, the girl crawling away without and regard to telling the others where she was going. She headed towards where they came from, Christine ignoring the burn or jealousy and anger that was pulsing through her veins. She calmed herself, shaking her head as she realized this wasn't something she needed to blow out of proportion. But she had to admit, seeing Steve and Robin holding hands was not a sight she loved to see. Yes, the possibility of danger always seemed to drag these things up.

Christine pulled the door open, her arms crossing over her chest as she tried to retain the warmth of being inside. The other three came inside a few moments later, Christine already back in the break room of Scoops Ahoy. She pulled the coat off of her body, throwing the wet cloth onto the floor and then pushing her hair out of her face as Robin, Steve, and Dustin pushed inside.

Dustin immediately took his coat off, making his way towards the table and sitting down, his eyes going up to Christine who he then observed and concluded that she looked rather pissed. He furrowed his eyebrows as Steve spoke, watching as her eyes shifted to him with a glare.

"That was close."

"I'm going home."  Christine said the second that Steve finished his sentence, all of them looking at her in confusion.  Before anybody could truly protest she grabbed her keys from the countertop, the girl pushing her way through the break room and into the dining room of Scoops Ahoy. Not only was the hand holding irritating her, the conversation beforehand and then the initial frustration of the past putting her over the edge.

"Christine where are you going?" Dustin followed her out, the boy grabbing her by the arm and giving her a confused look.

"I'm going home. I'm tired, I'm cold, and I want some sleep." She said, playing off her irritation by  giving alternate reasons.

"Are you sure? We could use your help." Christine watched as Steve started to come out from the break room, his eyes searching for the girl and landing on her and Dustin speaking. He reached the two of them, giving Dustin a serious look to let the two of them talk for a minute. Before Christine could ever answer Dustins question Steve he grabbed him by the head and pushed him back towards the break room, his face covered in some kind of stunned expression.

"That was crazy." Steve said, his hands dropping to his hips as Christine avoided his eyes. She looked over his wet clothes, the shorts clinging to his thighs and making her clear her throat.

"Yeah."

"Listen why are you leaving? I was gonna ask if you  wanted to spend the night tonight. My parents aren't home and we can carpool here in the morning an-"

"I kind of just wanna go home and shower." She said with a tight lipped smile, Steve now realizing there was some other type of reason behind this.

"I have a shower." He said, Christine sighing as he said it. He wasn't seen by any reason why she couldn't stay the night with him, his eyes narrowing as he waited for her next reply.

"I'm tired."

"I have a bed." Steve offered, his face sheepish and obvious as he said it.

"I need to change. I'm all wet."

"And I have clothes. You're not getting out of this." Steve said, gesturing towards his jeans that she was wearing with his hand. She stared up at him, Steve staring right back at her before she finally groaned, brushing off the way that seeing him and Robin made her feel and giving him a tight lipped smile.

"Fine."

"Fine." Steve said, breaking into a smile as he realized he had convinced her to stay with him. He reached up, poking her cheek and giving her a short laugh.

"You're such a grump." He said, grabbing her by the sleeve and pulling her back towards the break room. She couldn't help but break into a small smile, rolling her eyes to herself at the fact that she couldn't stay mad at him. She would tuck the feelings towards him and Robins little moment away, hoping it wouldn't continue to make her jealous.

"I'm not a grump you're just an ass."