sixty-one.

"Try telling the truth this time, yes? It will make your visit with Dr. Zharkov less painful." The general said to Steve, pushing some hair out of his face and then pressing in on one of his bruises. Steve winced in pain, Christine breaths heavy as she heard it. The man chuckled, looking towards the 'doctor' and giving him a nod. He took a few steps towards Steve, a syringe gun in his hand as he stopped in front of him.

"Wait a second. Wait. Hold on. Okay! Wait! Wait, wait! What is that thing?!" Steve started to yell as the doctor approached him, Christine seeing the gun and feeling a lump buildup in her throat. Confined spaces and needles.

"It will help you talk." The doctor grabbed Steve by the  hair, titling his head and pushing the needle into his throat.

"Did you even clean that thing?!" Steve screamed as the doctor inserted it into his neck, the man soon pulling it back and giving Steve's head an extra little push.  The next in line was Christine, the girl shaking her head in fear as the long needle got close to her face.

"Oh my god." She whimpered out, closing her eyes as he stuck her in the neck. She let out deep breaths when he pulled the needle out, immediately doing a self assessment to se did she was feeling anything. Robin was last, the girl hardly putting up much of a fight as she realized there was no way out of this. The doctor stood back when he had injected all of them the General giving him another nod and then all of them leaving the room.

The second the door closed, Christine turned her head to the left, her breaths frantic as she looked at Steve who was trying to calm himself down.

"Steve, Steve are you okay? Do you feel anything?"

"No. No not yet." Steve answered, the boy turning his head to try and look at her too. He caught a glimpse of her battered face, the boy quickly averting his eyes from the terrible sight, not being able to not feel guilty about it.

"Robin? You alright?" Christine asked now, the girl in question laying her head back against Steve's and letting out shallow, nervous breaths.

"Yeah I'm-I'm okay." She said, her tone surprisingly calm considering the situation. They all sat there for a few minutes, waiting for the affects of the serum and not quite knowing what to say. There was no way out of this, and they all knew it. The only hope they had now was Dustin and Erica. Steve kept replaying the image of Christine hitting the guard in the face with the metal tray, a small smile crossing his lips as he thought about how proud he was of that.

"Honestly I don't really feel anything. Do you?" Steve said, Robin gulping as she realized it was a little harder to hold her head up. Steve's voice seemed to activate Christines serum, the girls eyes growing very heavy as she turned her head in Robins direction and waited for a reply.

"I mean I...I feel fine. I feel normal." Robin said, the pain in Christines face starting to diminish as she started to kind of sway.

"Yeah I feel—feel fine. I kinda feel good." All three of them laughed at Steve's remark, the laughter feeling like it would never stop as they did so. Christine felt like she was in about five different dimensions, her eyes taking in every single detail of the wall in front of her and the door. She figured she could solve the question of how the entire door system worked in the room if someone asked her.

"Wanna know a secret?" Robin asked, Steve immediately replying.

"What?" He asked groggily, his lips turned up into a semi smile as he turned his head in her direction.