fifty-eight.

"I don't understand. You've seen this before?" Robin asked as they hurried back down the stairs, Christine heading the bunch.

"Not exactly." Steve answered, the girl quick with another question.

"Then what, exactly?"

"All you need to know is it's bad." Dustin said, rushing past her to get to the bottom faster.

"It's really bad." Steve said, emphasizing with his hands.

"Super bad." Christine said, nodding her head for her own emphasis. Robins eyebrows furrowed as the girl said it, confusion covering her face as she looked down at Christine.

"You know about this too?"

"Like end-of-the-human-race-as-we-know-it kind of bad." Dustin said, looking a bit worried as they all reentered the comms room.

"And you know about this how?"

"Um Steve? Where's your Russian friend?" They all collectively looked down at where the man had been laying, the alarm blaring overhead just as they said it. Steve seemed to correlate the man and the alarm, the boy cursing and running towards the door to look out. He ripped the door open, his face contorted into one of hopelessness as he looked out. The guards caught sight of him, all of them shouting and starting towards the door. He slammed it back, cursing again and then urging them all to run up the stairs. They sprinted for their lives, going through the door at the top of the stairs again and then Dustin running to open the one they had been peeking through. He stopped for a second, looking at all the scientists who saw them, Christine pushing past him to go through a different way.

"Go! Shit, shit, shit, shit!" Steve yelled, backing the group as Dustin ran out onto the platform the big giant light ray was on. The Russians yelled after them, Christine running as fast as humanly possible to get away. Dustin screamed, pushing a hazmat suit clad man out of his way. They stopped by the ray itself, Christine staring into the light as the wind blew her hair back, almost amazed at the sight.

"Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit!" Dustin screamed, the guards seeing the five of them and getting closer.

"Guards! Go!" Erica yelled, Steve shouting at them to follow him in a different direction. He pushed a guy off the stairs, running to the bottom and pushing over some huge metal barrels onto a few other men. Finally they escaped through a door, Steve closing it and pressing his back into it to try and keep it shut.

"Robin!" He yelled, trying to get the girl to help him hold it shut. "Help me! Come on!"

"Here! Come on! Let's go!" Erica shouted from the other side of the room, Christine standing in the middle as she looked between the door and Erica and Dustin who were lifting the grate.

"Come on!" Dustin yelled to Steve and Robin and Christine, Steve answering him quickly.

"Go! Just get out of here!"

"No come on! Now!"

"No! Just go get some help okay?" Steve yelled, holding the door closed. Christine felt a bolt of fear run through her as Dustin begrudgingly jumped into the grate, the girl realizing the decision she had to make now.

"I won't forget you!" Dustin yelled, Robin and Steve both screaming for him to go. Steve's eyes fell on the indecisive Christine, the boy shaking his head at her in panic as he pointed towards the grate.