twenty-three.

Christine and Steve were leading the pack of kids walking through the woods, the talking veyr minimal due to the fact that everyone was mad at each other. They were almost out of the woods when a voice called out, Steve looking over at Christine with a confused expression.

"Hello?! Who's there?! Who's there?" The voice called, the small group traipsing out of the treeline and into the view of Nancy Wheeler and Jonathan Byers.

"Steve?" The two said at the same time, shock on their faces as they took in the view of the group.

"Nancy?" Both Christine and Steve said at the same time, the girl walking past Steve and to the girl.

"Jonathan." Dustin said, surprised to see the Byers boy there.

"What are you doing here?" Nancy asked, walking up to Steve and Christine.

"What are you doing here?" They said at the same time again, Steve letting out a frustrated breath as they turned to glare at each other.

"We're looking for Mike and Will." Nancy answered, Jonathan and Christine standing face to face as Steve and Nancy mirrored them.

"They're not in there, are they?" Dustin asked, talking directly to Jonathan.

"We're not sure." Nancy said, still looking confusedly at Steve and Christine, the girl wanting to know exactly why they were together in the first place.

"Why?" Jonathan asked.

"Hey sorry I never got around to introducing myself. I'm Christine. Nancys cousin but I'm sure you already kno-" Christine was cut off by the ominous screeching from inside the building, the girl dropping her hand that she was lifting to shake Jonathans. Jonathan was quick to jump into asking questions, Steve trying to explain everything he could while they all talked over each other.

"The powers back." Nancy called, all of them turning to look at the lab. The power being back on made them all rush towards the security booth, Jonathan running inside and pressing the button. There were no signs that the gate was opening, all of them looking between the gate and Jonathan who continued to try and press the button.

"Let me try." Dustin said, pushing past Jonathan who was still pressing the button. "Let me try, Jonathan!" Dustin proceeded to mash the button rapidly, Christine locked her fingers behind her head and letting out a groan as the gate was the only thing stopping them from getting inside. After a few more moments of pressing the button the gate started to unlock, Dustin cheering from inside the booth as Jonathan rushed out. Nancy and Jonathan jumped into the car, driving almost as soon as they got the door closed. They all stood there in anticipation for a few moments, Steve resting against the pole and flipping his flashlight.

"Guys." Max said, all their attention turning to the road as two cars came flying around the corner. Christine pulled the kids out of the way of the honking cars, the Hawking Police car stopping right in front of them all. Christines eyes widened as she saw who was inside, the police chief giving her a look of recognition as he yelled.

"Lets go!" He yelled, Steve immediately pulling the door open. Christine made sure all the kids filed in, the girl pushing Steve into the car by his ass, the boy falling into the back as he squeezed in with the kids. The girl jumped into the passenger seat and closed the door, the chief taking off before she even did that. His driving was terrifying, the chief looking over at the girl in the passenger seat as a new mystery was revealed before him.