Chapter Seven: Unwanted Power

The two girls were still searching for Will in complete silence, but that silence was broken..

"Hey uh.. Clumsy?" Max said, lightly shoving Ava's shoulder. "What is it?" Ava replies.

"Isn't that Will over there on that field?" Max says, staring at Will. "Y-Yeah that is, come on!" Ava says, running over to Will, who was just standing there, looking terrified.

"Will? Will?!" Ava says, shaking the boys shoulders. When Ava touched his shoulders, she instantly took them away after feeling something weird. "Ava!" Mike says, rushing over to the three. "How long has he been like that?" Mike says, worriedly.

"I'm not sure, i just got here thanks to Max." Ava takes a glance at her hand, which feels weird, then quickly looks back at Will.

"Alright. Will just breathe for me, okay? You're perfectly safe, i promise." Mike says, patiently waiting for Will to get out of his trance, but also panicking.

"Hey, he'll be okay Mike." Ava says reassuringly. Mike looks at Ava and smiles back, slightly blushing, but it couldn't be seen due to the moon. Max just glared at the two, filled with jealousy.

"Yeah, i'm sure he's fine." Max interrupts the two, and stands next to Ava.

"Mike?!" Will shouts, waking up. "I'm here, i'm here." Mike says, making sure Will doesn't fall. Lucas and Dustin then follow behind.

"Let me help-" Lucas says, "No." Mike says, pushing him off. "I'm taking him home, i'm getting bored anyways." Mike finishes, glaring at Max.

Max just scoffs. Once Mike and Will left, the four continued to trick or treat. After what happened to Will, Ava felt an uneasy feeling, deep inside her. It felt as though it was filling her lungs, making it hard to breath.

Max noticed Ava breathing was rough, and grabbed her hand. "Are you okay?" Max says, her eyes filled with puppy love which made Ava feel a bit better.

"Yeah of course." Ava says smiling, trying to fix her breathing to make it seem like what she's saying is even a bit true.

"I don't think you are." Max says, looking at Ava's free hand, Ava also glances at it. Her veins weren't blue anymore, but they were actually turning black, very slowly.

Ava's eyes widen, but keeps calm, and puts her free hand beside her. "I-I'm fine, trust me." Ava says, worriedly smiling.

"That doesn't look fine, Ava." Max says, pulling at her arm, trying to see her hand again. "Max just let it go. Please." Ava says, her voice breaking because of the fear she's in.

"Ava i'm sorry, but i cant let that go. Your veins were turning black, that is not normal." Max says, more force in her tone, she's serious. "I'm sorry what?" Dustin steps in, curious in what he just heard about Ava's veins.

"It's nothing." Ava says, trying to keep calm. "Let me see your hand." Max says in a firm and forceful tone, Max was only worried about the girl she's falling in love with.

"It's not a big deal." Ava says, closing her eyes, slowly losing her patience. "It is to me." Max says, starting to force Ava to show her Ava's hand.

"I said it's not a big deal!" Ava shouts, shoving Max off of her. "I'm going home." Ava finishes, storming off. Max stares at the girl until she couldn't be seen. Max heart slowly breaking, mostly because of Ava shouting at her, but also because she's worried for her.