Chapter Fourteen: Sleepover

The three girls had a sleepover at El's house, and were having a lot of fun.

Max was dancing around to the song "Angel" while Ava admired her, and El was reading magazines.

"You must be an angel." Max acted like she was singing to Ava, pointing at her. "I can see it in your eyes."  Ava just smiled at the girl.

El turned a page on the magazine and saw Ralph Macchio. Ava glanced over. "Oh, you found Ralph Maccio!" Ava said excitedly.

"Macchio?" El said, looking at Ava weirdly. "Yeah, he's the karate kid." Max said, sitting next to Ava on the bed. Max did a karate motion, making the girls laugh.

"He's so hot, right?" Ava said, not looking away from the magazine. "Babe!" Max said, lightly shoving her girlfriend. Ava smiles, wanting to edge her on. "I bet he's a good kisser, too." Ava says, smiling at El.

Instead of Max getting on to her again, she actually acts a question. "Is Mike a good kisser?" Max asks, making Ava stare at her awkwardly.

"I don't know. He's my first boyfriend." El replies. "Ex boyfriend." Max corrects, making El nod and look down. "Hey, don't worry about it, okay?" Ava ensures.

"Yeah, he'll come crawling back to you in no time, begging for forgiveness." Max says, "I guarantee you, Mike is like, totally wallowing in self pity and misery right now," Max continues, "He's like 'Oh, i hope she takes me back!'" Max mocks, laughing with El afterwards. But Ava just watched the two, still feeling bad for Mike.

"God, what i wouldn't give to see his stupid face!" Max finishes, sighing. El makes a thinking face. "What is it?" Max asks, smiling. El looks back at her, also smiling.

~~~

El wraps a blindfold around her eyes. The two girlfriends holding each other's hands in anticipation.

"Is this really gonna work?" Max asks, squeezing Ava's hand tightly. El just nods in response. "Holy shit, this is insane." Max says, turning to her girlfriend with a bright smile on her face.

"Max." El says, "Yeah, quiet. I'm sorry." Max replies, earning a giggle from Ava. "What's wrong with me? What did i do wrong?" Ava hears, letting go of Max's hand in an instant.

Max turns to look at Ava, who is touching her ears like a weirdo. Max just shrugs and turns back to El. "Nothing." Ava hears again. She turns to look at Max to see if she's possibly talking, but obviously she isn't.

"What did i do wrong? What could i have done wrong?" Ava realizes it's Mike's voice. Is she hearing what El is? "Do i have to go through this again?" She hears, it's Lucas.

"I see them." El says, making Ava break out of her thoughts. "What are they doing?" Max asks, leaving her girlfriends side.

"Eating." El says. Although Ava could somehow hear them, she couldn't see them. "Ah, what the hell?" Ava says, hearing Mike eat his chips violently.

"What's wrong babe?" Max whispers, not wanting El to lose focus. Ava just shakes her head. "I just don't understand what i did to deserve this." Mike says.

"Nothing, nothing. That's my whole point." Ava hears Lucas say. "You are the victim here." Ava scoffs at Lucas's words.