Chapter Thirty-Eight: Four Chimes

They waited for Ava to say she was ready to go to Eddie's trailer, which she said she was ready almost immediately, not wanting to think of what had happened, and the things that were said. Every word that was said she knew was true, but it seeming like it came from the people she cared about gave her goosebumps.

They all rode to Eddie's trailer, everyone having so many questions about the Ava and Vecna situation, and Steve was holding in his anger on why Ava never told them. "Right here." Eddie spoke up, breaking everyone's thoughts. Everyone stopped their bikes, dropping them onto the grass.

"That's gotta be a Guinness World Record. Most miles traveled interdimensionally."Robin says, breathing heavily. "Just inhaled a bunch of that crap." Steve says, coughing, "It's stuck in my throat." He adds. They all enter Eddie's trailer, vines covering every inch of it. "God damn." Steve mutters, flashing his light up at the gate.

"This is where Chrissy died." Eddie says, "Like, right where she died." He clarified, voice a bit shaky. "I think there's something in there." Robin says. the gate making weird swirling noises. "What the hell is that?" Ava mutters, seeing something poking in and out of the gate.

Soon enough, the gate opened, expanding as something peered out of it, it looked like a stick. Steve slowly crept up to look up at the surface, everyone following behind him. "No way." Steve says, noticing it's the real world. Then, they see Dustin, his laughter being recognizable.

"Oh my God, Dustin!" Ava says happily, missing the boy's face. "Hi there." Dustin says, waving. "Hi." They all say awkwardly. "Holy shit, this is trippy." Robin says, the other dimension being upside down, reflecting off of the gate. Dustin and Erica started to laugh at their success, Lucas and Max standing there trying to actually help the rest get back up.

~~~

Lucas and Max brought out a mattress for the others to get back into the dimension. "Those stains are, uh.." Eddie mumbles, making Ava's mouth gape open. "I don't know what those stains are." Eddie says. "You little man whore!" Ava says, laughing, Steve giving her a glare in response.

"Ew, Lucas and Max touched that!" Ava says, practically gagging. "Shut up and get in the gate." Steve says, Dustin tossing them a rope. "There we go." Dustin says, "And if my theory is correct.." Dustin adds, letting go of the rope, it staying there, not falling.

"Holy shit." Max says, "Pull on it!" Dustin says. Robin pulls on it, it staying in place, making Dustin chuckle. "This is the craziest shit i've ever seen in my life." Erica says almost happily. "And i've seen some crazy shit." She adds. "Guess i'm the guinea pig." Robin says, making Ava smile, "You'll be okay." Steve clarifies.

Robin begins to climb up, everyone helping her get to the surface. Robin makes it through the gate, falling into the mattress, "Ew, i'd rather hit the floor then hit Eddie's leftovers." Ava mutters, "Little H." Eddie says, squinting his eyes at the younger girl. "Right, i'll stop talking about it." Ava nods.

"Alright, i'll go next." Eddie says, climbing up the rope, hitting the mattress. "That was fun." Eddie says, "Shit." He adds. getting off the mattress breathlessly. "I call next!" Ava says, climbing up the rope, Steve having to help her up. She then hits the mattress, "Ew, oh my God, ew!" Ava says, getting off the mattress as soon as possible.

"What?" Lucas asks, "What do you mean 'what'?" Ava scoffs, pointing at the stains. "What about them?" Lucas asks, as if not knowing what they were. Ava stares at him blankly, "Hey, Max." Ava ignores the boy, receiving a smile and wave from the redhead.