Chapter Fourty-Two: The End

Both Ava and Lucas looked at each other in anxiousness. "Shit." Lucas mutters, then someone walks into the room. Jason Carver, yet again. "Jason?" Lucas says, "You can't be here right now, man." Lucas adds. "The hell have you two done?" Jason asks, noticing Max and her eyes. "Jason." Lucas says, taking most of the responsibility in this situation because he knows Jason, "You need to leave." He says, walking slowly towards Jason.

"Is this what you did to Chrissy?" Jason asks, walking to Max. "Get the hell away from her, psycho." Ava says to Jason. "Hey." Jason says, trying to receive an answer from Max, "Jason, you need to go, man." Lucas says. "Hi, can you.. can you hear me?" Jason asks, waving his hand in Max's face. "Jason, don't fucking touch her." Ava says, "We're not messing around." Lucas backs Ava up. "Hey." Jason says to Max, "Jason! Please, just—" Lucas says, now close to Jason; "Hey, back up! Back up!" Jason says, holding up a revolver, positioning it at Lucas' head.

Lucas backs up and puts his hands up, Ava just standing there, hands in her pockets. "Not another step." Jason says, "Wait, we.. we don't have to do this." Lucas says, voice filled with fear. "I hope you're right." Jason responds, "Is there anyone else in the house?" Jason asks. "No." Ava responds coldly, "Turn around." Jason says, "What?" Lucas asks. "Turn around!" Jason says more forcefully, "Okay, okay. Relax." Lucas says, slowly turning around.

"Ava." Lucas mutters, "Turn around." He says. "I'm not listening to Jason fucking Carver." Ava responds, staring Jason down. "I want you to back the hell away from the girl, especially since you're holding a revolver." Ava says to Jason. "I'm the one with the gun, Harrington." Jason says, now pointing the gun towards Ava. "You know, i actually understand why you're doing this." Ava says, "What?" Jason says, chuckling a bit.

"I understand why you're acting like a total psycho." Ava says, "Oh yeah?" Jason says. "Yeah. I really do." Ava responds, "I knew Chrissy, which technically means that i know you." Ava says, "She wouldn't stop talking about you." She adds. Jason just stared at her in response, Chrissy being a sensitive topic for him. "I know you miss her, and you want justice for her, am i right?" Ava asks, Jason waits a few seconds before nodding slowly. "That's what we're trying to do, Jason." Ava says, putting her hands up slowly and walking towards him. "Me and Lucas are trying to get justice for Chrissy, and so is she." Ava says, pointing at Max.

"That's the whole point of this situation, okay? You're just misunderstanding it." Ava says, stepping a bit closer to Jason. "How is.. is this getting justice?" Jason asks, tightening his grip on the revolver. "You wouldn't believe me if i told you." Ava responds, "What's wrong with this girl?" Jason asks, pointing at Max. "She's trying.. she's trying to stop the thing that killed Chrissy." Ava sighs, knowing the information she's giving Jason is unbelievable.

"Thing?" Jason asks, "No. No, Eddie Munson killed Chrissy, and all those other freaks!" Jason says, pointing the gun at Lucas now. "Where is he?" Jason asks, "I.. I don't know, man." Lucas responds. "Sinclair, you're going to make this situation harder for all of us." Jason says. "We don't know where Eddie is!" Ava says, "We just need you to leave!" She says. "Get back." Jason says, pointing the gun at Ava. Ava slowly steps back, now next to Lucas again. "I might have to use my power." Ava whispers to Lucas, "No, you'll kill him." Lucas whispers back. "It doesn't have to kill." She whispers.

"Put down the flashlight, Lucas." Jason says, "Okay, okay." Lucas says, setting down the flashlight. "Empty your pockets. Both of you." Jason demands, both Ava and Lucas emptying their pockets, the pocket knife falling from Ava's left pocket. "Now, this is what's gonna happen." Jason says, "I'm gonna back away to the top of the stairs there," He says, not taking his eyes off of Ava and Lucas' backs.