one

The cafeteria booms with laughter and talks about the coming up game. Most believe this will be the one they win, while others are just anxiously waiting to party.

Lucas has been distant towards his friends after entering high school. He doesn't necessarily like keeping away from them, but he's tired of being bullied. Though, when he woke up this morning to his walkie going off at 6am, he just couldn't not speak to them about it.

"Hey Lucas, ready for the game tonight?" Jason slimely asked while draping his arm over Lucas's shoulder.

To be honest, Jason was a good for nothing slug that everyone kinda hated. I mean come on, he's a piece of shit to his friends and Chrissy deserves to be with someone better (author: like me, come on chrissy give me a chance🧎🏻‍♀️)

Lucas chuckled nervously and nodded. Jason walked to the table and sat with Chrissy. Lucas sat down but stared at Dustin and Mike who were standing in line for food. He hoped they could feel his eyes burning into their skin before she showed up.

Luckily for him they did feel it, confused, they turned and questioned Lucas with their faces.

Lucas mouthed words the boys never thought they'd "hear" again.

"She's back."

With that, Dustin and Mike looked at each other slightly freaking out. Looking back at Lucas who was now just staring at the cafeteria door, like he was waiting for something....or someone.

Dustin instantly figured it out and kicked Mike. He gave him a look and Mike gasped. Before they could even anticipate what was about to happen they strutted towards their table, Eddie 'The Freak' Munson spoke up.

"Dungeons and Dragons, at first regarded as a harmless game of make-believe, now has both parents and psychologist concerned."

He continued to read in a tone that was quite humorous to those listening.

"Studies have linked violent behavior to the game, saying it promotes satanic worship, ritual sacrifice, sodomy, suicide, and even....murder"

The boys laughed, leaving Dustin and Mike to finally sit down at the table.

"Society has to blame something. We're an easy target."

"Exactly. We're the freaks because we like to play a fantasy game?" Eddie spoke up again.

"But-" He sat up from his seat and began climbing on the table.

"-as long as you're into band, or science, pArTiEs..." He dragged out the word in a mocking voice watching a student flip him off.

He continued, "or a game where you toss BALLS INTO LAUNDRY BASKETS!"

Jason stood up puffing his chest out like the loser he was, "You want something freak?"

Eddie, not giving a shit, threw up devil horns and stuck out his tongue.

He then got down and watched as Dustin nervously tried to explain how Lucas would be unable to make it to his campaign.

Eddie stared and then went off on the boys about postponing the campaign.

He was ready to graduate this year, so he told the boys they need to step up as the future heads of the Hellfire club.

"Find me a sub. I don't care how, just do it."

The boys groan and lean back in their seats, they feel eyes burning into them once again. Looking back they see Lucas once again grinning and saying something.

"She's here."

Lucas smiled then stared at the doors once again...waiting.

"Holy shit." Mike said out loud.

Dustin replied back, "No fucking way."

Eddie looked at the two boys with a confused look.

"What's going on, and why were you lip reading Sinclair?"

The boys look at each other with the biggest shit eating grin you could think of.

"She's finally back."

Before Munson could ask any questions, the cafeteria doors opened. Everyone's heads turned watching as the girl who's been missing for 2 years now strutted back into their lives wearing ripped up jeans, a ripped tank top and a black leather jacket to finish off the look. Her boots were worn and scuffed up, but it just seemed to make her look more badass.

The boys quickly stood up and ran towards the girl. She probably would've fell over from their hug if she wasn't trapped in absolute hell for 2 whole years.

She gave them the tightest hug back. The smile on her face never fading and the staring eyes never dying from astonishment.

Y/n was back, the missing girl who everyone couldn't help but step aside for was back.

"Its good to see you again boys."

***

End of chapter one

I hope you all enjoyed this one! I'm trying to make this the best Eddie fanfic ever lol. It will definitely be Season 4 based but I'll be putting my own spin on things and even writing aftermath chapters. Please vote and share this story, love you guys <3