five

The morning after was exhausting for Y/n, her head was pounding and she wasnt exactly excited to help a possible murderer...though its better than being in the upside down.

"Hey Y/n..." Dustin said while walking out of her room still tired.

She smiled, "Hey Dusty, do you want breakfast before we go over Operation 'Save the innocent'?"

He nodded and so she got up and made...cereal, cause she knew time was ticking here.

After they ate, she sat him down on the couch and they called up Max to come over. When she arrived, they gathered what they needed and drove to see Robin and Steve.

As SOON as they get there, Steve and Dustin were already bickering. Though everyone knew better by now that it's all brotherly love. They kept going at it until Steve noticed Y/n...

"Woah...y/n?" Steve questioned with a look only someone close to her could give.

"Hey Harrington, ya missed me?" Y/n smiled and ran to hug him.

Steve picked her up and swung her in a circle, hugging her tight like she was going to dissappear again.

"Where have you been? Are you ok? What the hell happened?" He started to panick, trying to see if she was ok.

She laughed a little at how cute she thought it was, "I'm ok Steve, and I'm not going anywhere."

They hugged again and Steve let go to look back at Dustin, "You know there's a murderer on the loose!"

Y/n watched as they bickered some more and went up to Robin. They introduced themselves and started talking about how Steve 'the hair' Harrington had no game anymore. They stopped as soon as they heard Dustin.

"Eddie is not a murderer Steve." Dustin snaps...obviously serious this time.

"Hey I believe in innocent until proven guilty and all that constitutional shit. Just sayin you can't rule it out!"

Back to more bickering until finally they have all the phones. First part of the operation was to find someone who might know where Eddie is. Y/n hated seeing Dustin so freaked out and worried, so she rang up people as fast as possible. He was like her lil bro after all.

"Reffer Rick." Max said after she got ahold of someone. "Eddie gets his drugs from the guy."

Y/n and Max may not know much of each other, but as of right now...they somehow connected like magnets, leaving Y/n to trust her completely.

"Ok but I'm sure Reefer isn't his last name...so what now?" Steve throws his hands up obviously not caring.

"Why don't we check the system...yknow, like do process of elimination?" Robin finally spoke up again.

Y/n smiled and hurried over searching up Rick and finding a list of every Rick that has rented from the store.

"Ahhh...that's him..." Robin deadpaned while pointing at a list of movies.

Dustin smirked "Man, this guy's obsessed with Cheech and Chong..."

Y/n slapped down his hat and giggled. Without a second thought, she ran outside and hopped in her car honking the horn signaling everyone to get in. Steve wanted to take his car but Y/n's was bigger. She said taking one car would be less suspicious.

"Move over you lil twerp!"

"Listen, just cause you can't handle-" Dustin motioned his hands up and down his body, "-all this, doesn't mean you have to be rude!"

"HEY, STOP MESSIN AROUND OR IM DROPPING YOU ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD!" Y/n shouted, making the boys stop fighting and mumbling something about how she's the same as she was before. With that, she smiled and stepped on the gas.

The tires screeched to a holt sending everyone to jerk forward.

Steve started to ramble, "Dude whyd you step on the brakes so hard! Could've gotten us killed!"

"I haven't driven in two whole years Steve! And besides, learn to live on edge you goober!" She laughed and got out the car running to open the doors for Robin and Max.

"What...is she not going to open ours too?" Dustin questioned Steve.

He was already getting out, "You saw that smirk? Ya no, she's only helping the lady's."

Dustin slammed the car door shut earning him whisper screams from Steve. Dustin shrugged and started shouting for Eddie.

"Keep your goddam voice down." Robin said while walking next to Y/n.

Dustin ignored her until they all heard Max calling them over to a shed. "I think he may be in there."

Y/n opened the door and started to walk in. Dustin still called for Eddie until Steve picked up an oar and jabbed the tarp.

"What are you doing?" Dustin repeated twice.

"He might be in here!" Steve said like what he was doing was...not stupid.

Dustin looked at him like he was insane, "SO take the tarp off!"

Offended, Steve said, "if you're so brave then YOU take the tarp off!"

"What are you guys arguing about now?" Y/n turned to them with her hand on her hip.

Dustin rolled his eyes leaving Robin to speak up, "Its kinda creepy in here. What if someone really is here."

"Don't worry, Steve will get them with his oar." Dustin stated with sarcasm.

"Yknow, I don't find that very funn-" Steve was cut off by someone pushing him against a wall with glass to his throat.

"WOAH WOAH WOAH, EDDIE! EDDIE ITS ME, DUSTIN!" Dustin screamed.

The fear in Eddie's eyes both scared and saddened everyone watching. He was visibly shaking, Y/n could tell right then and there that this guy was no murderer. He saw something, she knew it.

She knew that look and feeling all too well...

***

End of chapter five

Hello!! Thank you for reading and voting!! Please leave a comment cause I love reading them! I hope you like it <33