six

"Steve why don't you put the oar down." Dustin said in the most calming voice.

Steve dropped the oar, leaving Eddie to glance over at Dustin.

"Its just us Eddie! Robin, yknow her from band! And Max the one who never wants to play DnD!" Dustin introduced them trying to calm Eddie more. Dusty looked over at Y/n, "And Y/n! You played DND with her yesterday! You don't know her well but I swear she won't hurt you...maybe. "

Eddie looked over to her and she spoke in a tone that no one expected, "Everything is ok Eddie."

She sounded kind and understanding, like she's been through this before. In a way she has been through much worse, but for someone like Eddie this was as bad as it could get right now.

Eddie let go of Steve and slid down the wall. This left Dustin to try and calmly take the broken bottle away from Eddie. Though, he was unsuccessful.

Dustin started to ask, "Just tell us what happened Eddie."

"You won't believe me...you'll think I'm crazy." His eyes started to gloss over.

This time Max decided to speak, "Try us."

Y/n's POV

Eddie began to explain what happened. Levitation, bones snapping, I mean everything he's said so far sounds like...that place.

I can't believe it's already here, I tried getting through as quick as possible but whatever is here was one step ahead. I need to make sure nothing goes wrong this time. The mind flayer escaped last time, and before that it was demodogs, everything just keeps wanting to create total fucking chaos huh?! 

I look to Eddie when he raises his voice at Dustin. Though, Dustin isn't afraid and just looks at me. I nod to him knowing what he's asking.

"Listen, Eddie, what I'm about to tell you may seem strange and scary. You need to believe me though."

Eddie scoffed, "What could possibly be scarier than what I saw?"

"You'd be surprised." Steve said, finally growing balls to talk after what happened. I giggled a bit.

Dusty started to explain the upside down and everything they've been through the past 3 years now. It came crashing down on me just how much they've all been through since I've been gone. And when I looked at Max, my heart shattered, she definitely lost someone important to her.

"But don't even get me started on Y/n-" Dustin caught my attention.

"I'm sure she's been through even tougher shit considering she had to LIVE in the upside down for 2 years. We all thought she was dead for the most part!" Dustin kinda geeked out talking about me, it was adorable.

Eddie's eyes widened, "You mean you've lived in a place like that for 2 whole years?" He questioned while looking at me.

"I mean, yeah. It was probably worse than hell could ever be." Memories shocked my brain making me scrunch up my nose from my pounding head.

Dustin spoke again before Eddie could ask anything, "Listen, we just need to defeat this vecna shit and bada bada boom! We clear your name and you come back to being our dramatic dungeon master!"

I couldn't help but laugh a little at Dusty's simplicity. Eddie wasn't as amused and used sarcasm against him. Though, no one was prepared, they didn't want to freak him out so they talked about a "brainstorming" phase.

"We'll go out, get the goods, and come back here so you can live out while we run around figuring out how to defeat vecna." Dustin explained to him.

Eddie fidgetted with his rings, "Could you maybe stay Dustin? I'd be lying if I said I'd be fine on my own."

"Nope, not staying, I'm the brains of this operation obviously!" Dustin exclaimed so I pushed down his hat and walk towards Eddie.

"I could keep you company for a bit, that's if you're ok with it?" I smiled at him, I knew he was traumatized so he needed someone to lean on.

He looked up at me for just a second, "Yeah...yeah that would be great actually. Thank you."

With that, the group left and I was there alone with Eddie. And from what I could tell, he was just a middle ground guy who was both an extrovert and introvert. A guy who just liked what he liked. A guy who actually never really thought about himself all that much.

He was sweet, and shy, and someone I think I could get along with.

Eddie's POV

I looked over at her for just a second. She was watching out the window and lowly humming to herself.

I mumbled under my breath but I suppose she heard. She turned around with a smile on her face.

"Hm?" Is all she asked while tilting her head.

I spoke, "Um...were you humming Queen of the Reich?"

She laughed a little and nodded her head. I was a little taken aback. So I decided to actually ask.

"That came out in 85'! How do you know it?"

She turned to me again, "I've actually been back for a month, don't tell the others though. I had to stay hidden for a while since I've been missing yknow? It's a long story, but that song was dropped at my house...a lot of songs were. I'm guessing the boys kept updating my music while I was gone. That song was my favorite though."

I smiled a little and chuckled, "I see, do you play anything?"

"Yes, I actually play the drums, though if I were to be in a band I would want to be lead singer. Gets me all the hot babes." She winked which made us both laugh.

I don't exactly understand everything still, but if this awesome girl could live in hell for years... then I better buck up and curb stomp whatever killed Chrissy.

This whole situation is just... fucked man.

***

End of chapter six

Hello!!! I hope you enjoyed!! Please vote and leave a comment!! I love you guys<333