nine

Eddie's POV

"Now, I didn't say that did I?"

I couldn't believe what was happening right now. Am I dreaming? A girl? Flirting with me? No way... Jesus Christ...

I can't contain the heat that rose to my ears. I covered them with my hands and looked away...it's getting hot and I'm sweating like a wild boar.

Suddenly she laughed, "Calm down Eddie, I'm just messing with you."

"I mean you are cute and all still, but no need to get embarrassed!" She continued and started to poke my shoulder.

I looked back at her and smiled  laughing when I saw her doing the same. She sure was something...definitely knew how to push people's buttons.

"So, how did you like our performance though?" I tried changing the subject.

She thought for a minute, "I actually really liked it. I'm into all kinds of music, especially authentic bands yknow?"

I got a little excited at her response, "Yeah I totally get it! I mean I love bands, which is why I started playing guitar so young. I mean I always thought guitar was cool and the way they shred at it is just so-" I stopped realizing I was rambling, but when I looked at her... she had nothing but admiration in her eyes.

"Why'd you stop Eddie?" She asked confused.

I started fidgeting with my rings like always, "I- well- I was rambling and I was going to apologize for it."

She took my hands in her's to stop me from fidgeting, which of course just made me freeze like an idiot.

"Eddie, you don't have to apologize! I enjoy listening to you talk about what you like!" Her smile beamed... it was the brightest smile someone had ever given me. My heart melted. Who knew I would gain such a cool friend in such unfortunate circumstances.

"Thank you Y/n. Hell, I've never had anyone, especially a girl like you, be so nice to me." I said trying to be sincere.

She laughed a little and took her hands away, "I'm here to comfort you Eddie, and beside, I've already decided that me and you are going to be very good friends for a long time!"

I smiled at her. After a little bit of a long stare I got up and checked the walkie.

"Hey, do you drink?" I asked.

She turned back from the couch to look at me, "Do I drink? I was trapped in a shithole underworld for 2 years...I need fucking horse tranquilizer at this point."

I took that as a yes and hit up Henderson, "Hendson...helloooo? Hey! Pick up!"

"Hello? Eddie??"

"Wheeler! Hey uhh we're gonna need a food delivery and if ya can, maybe a 6 pack?"

Nancy sighed and said she'd call back, though I doubt she will. I put the walkie down and walked over to Y/n.

"Are you bored?" I asked her while I put out my hand.

She smiled, "A little, got something in mind?"

She put her hand in mine and I helped her stand up. I held it for a little longer before I put her arm on my shoulder and mine just above her waist. I didn't want to make her uncomfortable, but I also really wanted to entertain her.

She giggled and I started to move around, "What about a dance m'lady?"

"That would be lovely sir!" She smiled and moved along with me.

I may look like a badass who doesn't know how to dance but trust me, I've got the moves.

"You are surprisingly good Munson." She said.

"Oh, you wound me my dear." I dipped her and she laughed again. It was definitely music to my ears.

She twirled, "Eddie, we don't even have music on!"

I pulled her back and just slowed our pace while looking into her eyes. Hell...what the fuck happened to 'a really good friend' Munson?

"I don't think we need music, do you?"

She shook her head in response and we continued dancing for a good few minutes. Though, to me it felt like a lifetime! I don't think I've held a woman this close to me. Especially someone like her...yeah...alright....friend my ass. I totally have a little crush on her. Just a little one. I just met her so, let's just, see how this goes...

"Hey eddie?" Her head lay on my shoulder as we continued.

"Yeah?"

She sighed a bit, "We must be a bit crazy to be so happy at a time like this...I mean, it's been so long since I've been happy even in the slightest."

I could feel her smile against my shoulder, "Yeah, maybe we are a bit crazy huh? But I like crazy...don't you?"

She giggled and lifted her head, "I've always known nothing but crazy, Eddie."

I suddenly stopped to look at her with a smile. She was definitely beautiful. Goddammit, with each passing second of me analyzing her...I can feel my face get closer. I don't want to mess this up. It's just a little crush. Shit, I mean, she's the first girl to ever get this close to me and not like hit me or say i look like Satan...I can't help but...

"Maybe after we know each other better Eddie." She giggled and I felt her finger against my lips.

Oh shit. Oh shit. Shit shit shit shit shit. I messed up. I messed up big time! I almost kissed her! What the hell? I just met her! What are you doing Eddie!?

"Hey, it's ok! Don't freak out Eddie...just maybe when this is all over...you can take me on a date first?" She put a hand on my arm.

"Yeah...maybe..." I looked back at her still nervous.

She smiled again and I swear for the first time in my life...I saw a future of happiness for myself that also had someone else in it.

"Alright then Munson...it's a date!"

And with that...she walked off. Leaving me completely speechless.

***

End of chapter nine

Thank you all for reading!!! I hope this was a good chapter? I'm trying not to rush things! I love you allllll <333