Chapter 6 - Earth Kills 2/2

It's been a few hours since the horn stopped blowing, we're toughing it out in the cave. I look over to Bellamy and Charlotte, they're both sleeping. I tried to sleep a few hours ago but to no avail. I can already tell that the acid fog will somehow relate to my mother in my nightmares. I'm left through the night to think about everything going on right now, we have no idea what the fog does to us and how everyone at camp is doing right now. We can all fit in the dropship but did everyone make it in time?

As I continue to think on things, Charlotte starts shifting in her sleep and then starts screaming "No!"

Bellamy instantly wakes up to it and I crawl over to Charlotte.

"Charlotte, wake up!" Bellamy says.

She wakes up after a bit of shaking her from my part. She sits up, grabbing her legs, she has that same sad look on her face.

"I'm sorry," She quietly says.

"Charlotte," I gently respond, "There's no need to be sorry."

Bellamy looks at Charlotte, "Does it happen often?"

All Charlotte can do is sadly sigh, giving Bellamy the only answer he needs.

"What are you scared of?" Bellamy says as he looks at me, "You know what? It doesn't matter." he looks back at Charlotte, "The only thing that matters is what you do about it."

Charlotte looks confused as she turns her head to face Bellamy, "But, I'm asleep..."

Bellamy shrugs, "Fears are fears. Slay your demons when you're awake, they won't be there to get you when you sleep."

"Yeah, but... How?" Charlotte asks.

Bellamy looks intensely at Charlotte, "You can't afford to be weak. Down here, weakness is death, fear is death. Let me see that knife I gave you."

Charlotte grabs the knife out of her jacket and hands it to Bellamy. Bellamy grips it tightly as he takes it.

"Now, when you feel afraid, you hold tight to that knife and you say, 'screw you. I'm not afraid.'" Bellamy says with a smirk.

Bellamy hands the knife back to Charlotte, she looks hesitant.

She weakly repeats, "Screw you. I'm not afraid."

Bellamy gives her a smirk.

"Screw you. I'm not afraid." Charlotte repeats with more confidence.

Bellamy pats Charlotte on the back, "Slay your demons, kid. Then you'll be able to sleep."

Charlotte looks at me and I smile. She smiles before putting the knife back in her pocket and shifting to go to sleep. I look back over to the entrance, trying to see if the fog has cleared, after a few minutes I realize I never heard Bellamy shift to go to bed. I look over at where he's sitting. He's looking at me.

"Aren't you going to sleep?" I ask.

"I could say the same for you," Bellamy says.

I silently laugh, "Unlike Charlotte, I don't get nightmares while I'm sleeping."

I look back at the entrance. A few more minutes and I notice Bellamy still staring.

"I know you're staring at me Blake, " I say, not looking at him.

Bellamy laughs, "I've been demoted to last name basis?"

I silently laugh again, looking over at Bellamy.

"I don't know if you've realized Bellamy, but I don't like being vulnerable to others."

He chuckles, "Really?" he gets a little more serious, "Come over here."