Chapter 23 - We are Grounders Part 1 (2/2)

Murphy points the gun at my foot, Bellamy lunges forward, trying to stop him. I bite down on the cloth, hoping I won't scream. Murphy fires it into my foot, it's agonizing. I still scream through the muffle. It doesn't take long for it to start rapidly bleeding and burning. I already have tears in my eyes. Bellamy looks about ready to kill Murphy right then and there.

"Bellamy, Emery," Octavia screams through the radio that's still here, "Are you guys okay?"

Murphy points the gun at Bellamy, "You want her to know you're alive, say it was a misfire."

Murphy unties Bellamy and takes out the cloth, handing the radio over to Bellamy.

"Bellamy," Octavia panics, "Do you copy?"

"We're fine. Just a misfire." Bellamy says into the radio, "Now stop worrying about me and get back to work, all of you, And tell Raven to hurry her ass up."

Murphy takes the radio back from Bellamy, "All right, that's long enough." He throws some rope over to Bellamy, "Tie those two ends together."

Bellamy ties the rope, I soon realize the shape. It's a noose, Murphy is going to make Bellamy feel what he felt when everyone hung him over Wells. I try to lunge forward but when I do, the pain shakes through my body. All I can do is scream into the cloth in my mouth.

"All right. Now get up and toss it over." Murphy orders, he points the gun back at me.

"What do you want me to say?" Bellamy panics, "You want me to apologize? I'm, I'm sorry."

"You got it all wrong, Bellamy." Murphy says, "I don't want you to say anything. I want you to feel what I felt, and then," Murphy walks over to him, "Then I want you to die."

Murphy leads Bellamy over to a crate, Bellamy hangs the noose above the crate. My leg alone is burning beyond belief. I have to sit in agony as I watch Murphy kill Bellamy. I rest my head against the ladder, careful not to move my foot in any way. At this point, I'm crying and sweating. I don't know how much longer I can handle this pain. I wish Clarke was here.

"Stand on it." Murphy motions to the crate.

Bellamy stands on the crate, Murphy motions to the noose, "Put it over your head."

"This is insane. The grounders could," Bellamy tries.

Murphy quickly aims the gun at me and shoots, luckily he purposely misses, hitting the wall behind me. I flinch the wrong way and I accidentally move my foot, the pain is like never before.

"Put it over your head," Murphy orders.

Bellamy begrudgingly puts the rope over his head, throwing his arms up, "Happy now?"

Murphy pulls on the rope for a split second, tightening it on Bellamy's neck. Bellamy moves his hand to pull the rope away from his neck.

"You're so brave, aren't you?" Murphy asks, "I mean, you came in here thinking you're just gonna turn this whole thing around, that you were stronger than me, and maybe one of your friends would come and help you. Well, what are you thinking now, Bellamy? Hmm?"

Murphy tightens the rope again, causing Bellamy to choke on it. Now Bellamy is using both hands to try and hold the rope away. Murphy loosens the hold on the rope, quickly tying it to the ladder so he can continue his rant.

"You know, I got to hand it to you, Bellamy. You got 'em all fooled. They actually look up to you, almost as much as they look up to Clarke. Yeah, well, we know the truth, don't we? You're a coward. I learned that the day you kicked out the crate from beneath me." Murphy continues.

He walks over to me, "And you," he begins, "You think you're so much better than me but you can't even throw a knife."

I spit out the cloth on the floor and quickly spit Murphy in the face, He slaps me. Murphy turns back to Bellamy, clearly done with me but not with him.