Chapter 24 - We are Grounders Part 2 (1/2)

I sit in the dropship, Clarke quickly got my foot bandaged up, she also had to remove the bullet which hurt like a bitch. Bellamy is standing next to me while I sit with my leg stretched out. I'm sitting on a stretcher we made for Raven and I. Clarke and Finn are standing over Raven as Clarke uses a hot knife to seal Raven's wound. Raven screams through the pain until Clarke pulls away, Raven still grunting.

"That should stop the external bleeding." Clarke says, putting the knife off to the side.

"I don't understand." Finn says, "How did Murphy get a gun?"

Bellamy looks at me before responding, "Long story."

Raven is still panting as she talks, "We got lucky. If Murphy hit the fuel tank instead of me, we'd all be dead."

"Wait, there's rocket fuel down there?" Clarke realizes, "Enough to build a bomb?"

"Enough to build 100 bombs," Raven shoots the idea down instantly, "if we had any gunpowder left."

"Let's get back to the reapers." Bellamy pipes in, "Maybe they'll help us. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?"

"Not this enemy." Clarke admits.

"We saw them." Finn says as he shakes his head, "Trust me, it's not an option."

"There's no time for this." Clarke says.

Finn looks over to Clarke, "Can she walk or not? We already have one person on a stretcher."

"No." Clarke says, "We have to carry both of them."

"The hell you will." Raven says, trying to sit up, "I'm good to go."

"That's what I said," I say.

"Hey, listen to me. That bullet is still inside you." Clarke says, pushing Raven back down, "If by some miracle, there's no internal bleeding, it might hold until we get somewhere safe. But you are not walking there. Is that clear?"

Raven reluctantly nods her head.

"I'll get the stretcher." Finn says, going to leave the dropship.

"Can't run away fast enough, huh?" Bellamy has to interject, "Real brave."

I can only roll my eyes, I love Bellamy but he's still not 100% on board with leaving camp.

"Dying in a fight you can't win isn't brave, Bellamy," Finn circles back to talk, "it's stupid."

"Spoken like every coward who's ever run from a fight." Bellamy continues.

"All right, that's enough." Clarke breaks them up, "It's time to go."

"If they follow? It's a 120-mile walk to the ocean." Bellamy continues.

"Look, we're wasting time." Finn throws his arms up, storming out the dropship, "If he wants to stay, he can stay."

"No, he can't. We can't do this without you, Bellamy." Clarke supports Bellamy.

"Bell?" I ask.

Bellamy looks at me before responding to Clarke, "What do you want me to say?"

"I want you to say that you're with us." Clarke says, motioning outside, "Those kids out there, they listen to you."

"They're lining up to go." Bellamy argues back, "They listen to you more."

"I gave them an easy choice. But 5 minutes ago, they were willing to fight and die for you. You inspire them. I'm afraid we're gonna need that again before this day is through." Clarke finishes.