Chapter 19 - I am Become Death 1/2

The next morning, just as I expected, we're searching the crash site. Clarke hasn't said anything, she searches an area, most likely trying to find something of her mother. The crash took out any livable fertile land for a while. It's a huge site. Any bodies we find are scorched, black, decayed bones. I'm searching near Bellamy, Finn, and Raven. Bellamy has a rifle in hand and I have my bow slung around my back. The weight of it is almost strange after not having it at the bridge.

"Stay sharp. Grounder retaliation for what happened on the bridge is coming, just a matter of when." Bellamy yells to everyone around.

"Can you blame them?" Finn spits back.

"No. I blame you." Bellamy responds.

"Guys," I say, "Can we do this another time? We need to think of Clarke."

"Maybe if you didn't bring guns," Finn tries to say.

Raven interrupts him, "If we didn't bring guns, we all would've been killed."

Bellamy decides to end it as I asked, "Why they're coming doesn't matter anymore. It's our job to be ready when they do. We're on our own now."

Clarke goes to inspect something, she backs away in disgust, covering her nose. Raven instantly runs over.

"Clarke, stop!" She screams.

We all run over.

"Rocket fuel?" Clarke asks.

Raven inspects before answering, "Hydrazine. Highly unstable in its non solid form. If this stuff meets fire, we're all pink mist."

Raven takes a rock and dips it in the puddle of Hydrazine, she turns.

"Fire in the hole!" She screams before throwing the rock over to some fire.

There is a huge explosion, everyone flinches at it. Others, not expecting it, respond with a "Whoa!"

Raven looks over at Bellamy, "We need to clear the area!"

"Okay, then." Bellamy says to Raven before turning to the others and ordering, "We move in formation, no straggling, weapons hot. We got to get back before dark."

When we arrive back at camp, someone runs up to us.

"We found Murphy outside camp," is all they need to say.

We all run over to the drop ship, I want to kill this son of a bitch for what he did to Charlotte.

Bellamy storms in, "Where is he?"

There's a crowd around Murphy, everyone clears to let us through. Murphy is covered in blood all over and hiding in a corner. He looks terrified.

"Everyone but Connor and Derek out," Bellamy says, then screams, "Now!"

Everyone leaves, Connor, Derek, Finn, and Clarke stay.

"He claims he was with the Grounders." Derek reports.

"We caught him trying to sneak back into camp." Connor continues.

"I wasn't sneaking. I was running from the Grounders." Murphy corrects.

Bellamy looks at Connor and Derek, "Did anyone see any grounders?"

Connor shakes his head no.

"Well, in that case," Bellamy says, raising his gun.

Finn grabs him, stopping him, "Hey, what the hell is wrong with you?"

I smack Finn, "What the hell is wrong with you?" I point to Murphy, "He's the reason Charlotte is dead. He deserves what's going to come to him."