Chapter 12 - His Sister's Keeper 2/2

A few minutes later we're under tents. I'm laid right next to Bellamy and Jasper. We're hoping that the tent will keep the fog out.

"How long are we supposed to wait for?" Jasper asks.

The last time the acid fog appeared Jasper was still in the dropship barely conscious.

"Will this even work?" Monroe asks.

"We'll find out." Finn says.

Bellamy comes to a realization. "No, we won't." Bellamy lifts the tent covering.

"Bellamy, No!" I scream.

"There's no fog." Bellamy says.

We all exit the tent, "Maybe it was a false alarm." Finn suggests.

We notice a lone grounder run by, "They're coming back."

We look around for other grounders, "I think he's alone." Jasper concludes.

"Now can we run?" Monroe asks Bellamy.

"He doesn't see us. I'm going after him." Bellamy says.

"And what? Kill him?" Finn stops Bellamy.

"No. Catch him. Make him tell me where Octavia is, Then kill him." Bellamy says.

"It could be a trap Bellamy." I say.

"Yeah, how can we be sure?" Jasper asks in agreement.

"We can't" Finn says.

We follow the grounder to a cave, we wait for a few minutes before entering the cave. When we enter, we find the grounder passed out on the ground and Octavia standing behind him. I'm surprised but not shocked. I'm more happy we finally found Octavia.

"Bellamy?" Octavia asks in shock.

The second Bellamy sees her, he runs and hugs her. saying, "Octavia!"

Octavia motions to a key on the floor, "Get the key."

Bellamy grabs it and starts unlocking her shackles.

Finn and I both go to inspect the grounder. I get on my knees to see if he's awake, Finn resorts to poking the grounder.

"Monroe, watch the entrance." Bellamy Orders.

Monroe goes to the entrance of the cave.

Bellamy and Octavia hug again, the Octavia notices Jasper.

"How did you find me?" Octavia says, tears in her eyes.

She hugs Jasper.

"Followed him," Jasper says pointing to the grounder. 

I stay near the grounder, ready to pounce if he wakes up. I'm facing the other way from him so I'm seeing the back of his head.

"We should go, now!" Octavia says, "Before he wakes up."

"He's not gonna wake up," Bellamy says, grabbing a spear from the wall.

"Bellamy stop!" Octavia says. "He didn't hurt me, just stop!"

"They started this, Finn, Emery, Move!" Bellamy says, ready to strike.

"Foghorn," is all Finn can say.

The grounder attacks Finn by stabbing him, he then turns around and throws me across the room, my head hits the stone wall. Everything is spinning and I feel like throwing up, there's ringing in my ears so loud I can't hear what's going on. I hear muffled screaming but my vision is so hazy and blurry I can't make out anything in the cave. The next thing I know, everything goes black.

---

When I wake up I have a massive headache, Octavia is by my side. I try to sit up but Octavia pushes me back down.

"Clarke said to stay laying down," Octavia says.

I look around the room, we're on the highest floor of the drop ship, I can hear rain outside.

"What happened?" I ask Octavia.

"The grounder tried to kill Bellamy but I stopped him." Octavia says, "we brought Finn back and Clarke's working on him now."

I sit up, Octavia goes to help me.

"I'm fine O," I say, sitting up. "My brain is fine."

"I was worried you'd be worse waking up," Octavia says. "Clarke said you definitely have to have a concussion and with Finn with the knife, she doesn't need two patients."

I laugh. I'm in major pain right now but I can't be a burden for others. It hurts to do anything, especially laugh.

"Help me stand?" I ask Octavia.

She nods and stands up, grabbing my arms. She pulls me up, grabbing me so that my weight is put on her.

"You think you can climb?" Octavia asks.

"I think I can, you go first," I say. "Be ready to catch me."

We both laugh and Octavia climbs down. I follow behind, my head is still aching but I'll be fine. I climb down to the ground level, as I pass the first upper level, I notice all the other delinquents are stuffed here. When I get down to the bottom level I realize why, outside a terrible storm sounds like it's brewing. Inside, Clarke is next to Finn looking completely helpless, Raven is over nearby trying to contact the Ark.

"Octavia close the door," Clarke screams.

"But Bellamy's still out there!" Octavia screams back.