Chapter 13 - Contents Under Pressure 1/2

I look over at Octavia at the news. What would Bellamy need out there? 

I hear Raven repeating the same phrase over and over, "Calling Ark Station, do you copy?"

Clarke looks terrified, I look at Finn. He still has the knife in his side, he's getting paler by the second.

"This is a restricted Station, who is this? Identify yourself," I hear from the radio.

We all sigh of relief, we finally got communication with the Ark.

"This is Raven Reyes. I'm from Mecha Station. I'm transmitting from the ground. The hundred are alive. Please, you need to get Doctor Abby Griffin. Doctor Abby Griffin. Now." Raven says into the mic.

"Hang on Raven, we're trying to boost your signal," A male voice speaks to the rest of the people in his room, "Get her off the Ark-wide channel. This room only. Copy?"

We have a few moments of silence before we hear a female voice through the radio.

"Can she hear me?" the voice asks. "Raven? Are you there?"

Clarke walks up to the radio and picks up the mic, "Mom? Mom, it's me."

There's a moment of silence before Clarke's mom speaks, "Clarke?"

"Mom, I need your help. One of our people was stabbed by a Grounder." Clarke rushes through an explanation.

"Clarke. This is the Chancellor." I roll my eyes at Jaha, everyone knows his voice, "Are you saying there are survivors on the ground?"

"Yes, the Earth is survivable. We're not alone." Clarke dismisses this side conversation quickly.

"Mom, he's dying. The knife is still in his chest." Clarke has pain in her voice.

There's another moment of silence, most likely Abby trying to get medical.

The next voice is from Jaha, "Clarke. Is my son with you?"

We all go silent. None of us have really talked about Wells, now to tell his father is worse. It would have been better to tell him in person, if he ever came down, or for them just to assume we all died to radiation.

"I'm so sorry. Wells is- Wells is dead." Clarke finally responds.

We don't hear anything for a moment.

"I'm going to talk you through it, step by step." Abby says.

Clarke walks back over to Finn, I come over.

"I'll help to the best of my ability Clarke," I say.

"You should be resting on the upper level Emery," Clarke orders.

"I'm fine, don't worry." I reassure.

Abby tries to talk but thanks to the storm there's some interference, Octavia never shut the door. "Clarke, you- just..."

"What! Raven what's wrong." Clarke frantically asks.

"It's not the radio, it's the storm," Raven responds.

"It's too big for a normal storm," I conclude, "I think it's a hurricane."

"Clarke, we need to hurry." We hear Abby again.

Octavia comes running in with two canisters. She hands one to Clarke and one to me.

Clarke sniffs the bottle, "Ugh, Monty's moonshine?"

Monty's Moonshine is an alcohol that Monty made, since we don't have the luxury of fine wine.

"Pretty sure no germ can survive this," Octavia says.