I

~Spencer Reid~

Spencer Reid had not gone to an antique book store to look for an attractive woman. He had gone there in hopes of possibly finding some classics or first editions that sparked his fancy. Books to add to his already overflowing collection. Books to lose his thoughts within. That's what he had been looking for.

Technically, that is what Spencer had found. Three old thick books were already stacked in his left arm. He was currently perusing the historical aisle near the back of the dimly lit and dusty establishment. Finger skimming over the worn spines of the books on the shelfs as he read their titles in a flash.

It was then that Spencer caught sight of her from the corner of his eye. While her profile was mostly obscured due to the dim lighting, he could already tell she was beautiful. The pile of old books in her own arms only added to his attraction.

Spencer had no intentions of approaching her or trying to strike up a conversation. Any attempt would likely end with him stuttering miserably and embarrassing himself. It was better if he just kept to himself and only looked at the books in front of him. Self humiliation was not on Spencer's list of things to do today. So he did his best to focus, trying to ignore the well built blond man who'd walked up behind the woman.

His ears betrayed him and eavesdropped on them anyway. 

"What's a pretty thing like you doin' in a dusty old place like this?" It was obvious the man was trying to flirt with her, but she showed absolutely no interest. Not even turning around to look at who was speaking to her.

"You would think it was obvious as this is a book store." She replied, pulling a thick book off the shelf and resting it on top of her stack. Flipping it open to glance through the first few pages before putting it back on the shelf, evidently not what she'd been looking for.

"Awe, why the cold shoulder Sweetheart. Ya' know, it's rude not to look at someone who's talkin' to ya." At this point, Spencer wasn't focusing on the titles of the books in front of him anymore, but carefully watching what was going on out of the corner of his eye. If the man tried to assault her, Spencer could use his badge to get him arrested.

"バカ野郎、ヒントをくれる?" The woman muttered under her breath in annoyance, causing Spencer's brow to furrow. That was not a language he expected to have come out of her mouth.

"What was that?!" The man huffed, grabbing the woman's shoulder and turning her forcefully around to face him. Putting her under better light so both Spencer and the blond man could see her better. Spencer tensed, but didn't move or turn. Taking notice of how the woman had shifted her feet subtly into a defensive and strong stance. She knew how to fight.

The woman's lips were turned into an irritated frown, bordering on a scowl as she glared at the blond man. "You comment on my manners but think it acceptable to accost a woman who denies your unwanted advances?" Her voice was cold and sharp like ice, sending shivers down Spencer's spine even though the words weren't directed at him.

With the dim lighting and the sharp angle of her brow casting shadows, her electric blue eyes seemed to almost blaze through the darkness.

"Whoa, Chick, when was the last time ya slept? You've got some serious dark circles there ya forgot to cover up." The man foolishly decided to ignore how she'd quite plainly told him she wasn't interested.

"My dark circles are completely commonplace on my visage and I hold no intentions of masking them in any manner." She spoke slowly, as if to comment on the blond man's intelligence. Or lack thereof.

"You'd get a lot more attention if ya did, they're takin' away from yer beauty. Make ya look like some kind of gowle." The man huffed, as if he were doing her a favor by telling her that. Which made Spencer's jaw clench slightly. It was called Dark Eye Syndrome, and he had it as well. In his opinion, it just added an extra layer of character to a person's face.