XVIII

~Orion Montgomery~

Orion Montgomery hummed gently as she reset her oven to stop cooking and simply keep the meal warm. She wasn't sure when Spencer would be coming, just that he would be once they'd finished wrapping up their case. And so, after cooking a meal for both of them, it had to be kept warm while she waited.

Perhaps it was a bit ridiculous. It was eleven fortyfive at night, but Orion knew that neither of them had actually had any super. Plus, she'd promised to make it up to him for having to get racer clothes.

Having another idea, Orion headed for her bedroom where she kept the gramophone her brothers had gotten for her twenty-fifth birthday. Despite having no problem with its weight, it was still an awkward thing to carry into the living room. She then went to retrieve some of her classical records.

Almost pulling her Tchaikovsky out before switching to Beethoven, which Spencer had mentioned. Orion placed the record on the turntable and set it to play softly, aware that most of her apartment wasn't soundproofed and it was the middle of the night. Her neighbors would not appreciate the music at this time, beautiful as it was.

It was just shy of twelve when a soft knocking came from her door. "Good evening SSA Dr. Spencer Reid PHD." Orion smiled as she opened it.

The young doctor chuckled with a light blush. "Good evening, Queen of Swords. You act like we didn't just see each other a few hours ago."

"Did we? I don't seem to recall..." She teased, opening the door all the way to let him in.

"Lucky you have me then." Spencer grinned. "Something smells really good."

"That would be super, I've got it on low heat, so it's ready to go right away." Orion smiled leading him through her home towards the kitchen, but Spencer paused in the living room.

"You, you have a gramophone? And you're playing Beethoven..." He noted.

"Yeah, the gramophone was a gift, and you mentioned Beethoven earlier, figured you might appreciate it." Orion shrugged.

"I do, thanks." Spencer smiled, stepping into the kitchen where she was pulling a large ceramic casserole dish out of the oven and placing it in the middle of her kitchen table, removing the lid and revealing the roast inside.

"Is that... chicken tandoori?" Spencer's brow was furrowed, seeming bewildered.

"My attempt at it at least. I haven't got a clay oven to cook it in so this had to do." Orion nodded and smiled. The chicken looked really good and she hoped it tasted like it was meant to.

"My favorite food. I only mentioned it once, fifty four days ago, on our first date." Spencer murmured, staring at her with an intense yet soft look in his eyes.

"Yes." Orion agreed, nodding.

"And you remembered?" He seemed shocked at this.

"I may only have the memory of an average Human, but I like cooking meals from other countries. So I figured, if it was your favorite, then I should hunt down a recipe and learn how to make it." Orion shrugged. In her own mind, it didn't seem like much of a big deal, but the look on Spencer's face was saying otherwise.

He moved towards her with long, quick steps. For a split second, Orion thought she'd somehow upset him. Until Spencer's hands reached for her waist, pulling her into an embrace as his lips found hers in a kiss full of emotions. She gasped in surprise before melting into it and kissing back.

"Thank you." Spencer mumbled against her lips.

"What for?" Orion hummed back as they parted just barely, noses still brushing together.