IX

~Spencer Ried~

Spencer Reid was on his way back to Quantico after a relatively short case. Excited at the prospect of seeing Orion again, even though he hadn't figured out third date plans yet. He'd pestered Rossi a bit about general date ideas, only to be told to trust his instincts again. This had only given Morgan more amo. Saying that if Spencer would just tell them about his lady friend they could help him with date plans.

As tempting as it was, Spencer wanted to wait until he officially asked Orion to be his girlfriend. Which he was seriously considering already.

Sending a quick text to Orion, Spencer wondered if she was busy or not. How quickly she responded would answer that question for him. When his phone rang a few minutes later, Spencer scurried off to the tiny restroom on the jet.

"Hey, Orion, how are you? I thought you were starting on the sword smithing today?" Spencer smiled as he answered the call. Leaning against the small sink and tilting his head back. Eyes closed as he drank in the sound of her voice.

"I have my phone on vibrate in my pocket so I know when I get a text. Don't wanna miss it if it's from you." Orion chuckled at his confusion, her breathing just heavy enough to catch his notice. "Marlow's giving me a stick eye because I told him to stop hammering. Hello to you too, by the way, SSA Dr. Spencer Reid PHD."

"So you are at work then?" Spencer confirmed, trying to push away his flushed cheeks. The slightly heavy breathing was probably from hard labor over starting her new sword.

"Yes, Spencer, I'm at work, moving into the office so Marlow will stop glaring at me." She scoffed humorously. "I assume you're at work as well, you're using Japanese."

"On the jet home. It was just a short case this time around. Would you happen to have an idea of when you'll be done for the day?" He asked a bit nervously. He didn't have any plans, but he wanted to see her.

"I can be done at any time. We haven't got specific work hours here. Did you have something in mind?" Orion pondered curiously.

"Truthfully, no. I just wanted to see you." Spencer admitted with a blush.

Orion's soft laughter rang in his ear. "You are the sweetest guy I have ever had the privilege of knowing, Spencer. I've actually got an idea of what we could do, if you don't mind?"

Spencer's eyebrows lifted. "I don't mind at all. What's your idea?"

"There's this old library called Weathered thoughts, it's full of old and classic literature. It's even got a little cafe right next door." Orion suggested. "Would that happen to be of interest to you?"

"That sounds wonderful. I'd go just about anywhere if you were there." He accidentally let slip out. Feeling his cheeks burn as he realized what he just revealed.

"I'll keep that in mind." She chuckled. "Have you got an estimate of when you'll be heading in my direction?"

Spencer glanced at his watch before answering. "Approximately three hours?"

"Alright, I'll be sure to be ready for you then. Have a safe rest of your flight, congratulations on solving your case, Spencer." She smiled through the phone, prompting a foolish grin on Spencer's own face.

"See you then, Orion, and thank you!" Spencer returned before the call ended.

Taking a long slow breath in hopes of composing himself before opening the door. Morgan nearly fell into him from being pressed against the door. Prentiss and JJ were standing just behind him. Spencer raised an unamused eyebrow at them. They gave him guilty smiles reminiscent of children caught with their hands in the cookie jar.