XI

~Spencer Reid~

The team was still on a high over solving Rossi's twenty year old cold case. Spencer Reid was only a tiny bit put out that he'd missed it. He'd gone with Hotch to interview Chester Hardwick. A serial killer that was on death row. Turns out the only reason the guy had agreed to the interview was in hopes of killing the FBI agents so he could get off of death row.

Spencer was glad that he had a tendency to ramble when under immense pressure.

Then he'd had a lovely conversation about Orion with his boss on the drive back. So now Hotch and Rossi both knew more about her than the rest of the team. Spencer had been a bit hesitant with the conversation. Hotch was going through a divorce he didn't want. It seemed almost insensitive to talk about his new relationship when his boss's was ending.

Though, Spencer was getting a little bit tired of listening to the team not so subtly try and figure out who he was dating. Some of their ideas were outrageous or downright silly. Orion could probably be a super spy if she wanted to. She was also not a Japanese business woman. While she had an impressive collection of books, Orion did not own a bookstore.

His ringtone brought him out of his train of thought.

"Oh hey!" Morgan grinned, spinning around as Spencer quickly dug out his phone. "None of us are calling you, so that can only be one person." He teased.

Spencer rolled his eyes at him before hitting the answer button. "Good evening, Queen of Swords." A small smirk tugged and the corner of his lips.

"Good evening indeed SSA Dr. Spencer Reid PHD." Orion chuckled in his ear.

"How has your day been?" He asked, beginning to pack up for the end of the day.

"Good so far, I had a bit of a surprise actually at lunch." She told him.

His eyebrows lifted. "Are you going to make me guess?"

"What do you think they're talking about?" Spencer overheard Prentiss talking to Morgan as they watched him, trying to profile him.

"As fun as it would be to hear your ideas, not this time. Nathaniel and Thea came over for the weekend, Clover's here too but we think she's developing a cold." Orion explained.

"Nathaniel is your younger brother, right?"

"Yes. Look, I know you were planning on coming over but with Clover's cold I'll understand if you-" Orion started.

"I'd like to meet some of your family." Spencer gently interrupted.

"Even if one of them has a drippy nose?" Orion asked with a lightly teasing tone.

A small chuckle left him. "Even if one of them has the sniffles. So long as you're okay with me meeting them."

"I have no problem with you meeting them. Though, I should warn you that since I told them about you, Clover has dubbed you Uncle Spence." Orion chuckled.

"Uncle? Why?" Spencer frowned in confusion. It wasn't that he had anything against it, if anything, Spencer kind of liked it.

"I have no idea, honestly."

"Alright then, I'll see you in around an hour then, okay?" He told her as he got up and slung his messenger bag over his shoulder.

"We'll be waiting. See you soon, Spencer."

"Bye Orion." Spencer hung up, stuffing his phone in his pocket.

"Oi, Pretty Boy. Where're you off to?" Morgan called, that teasing grin on his face.