VI

~Orion Montgomery~

The ringing of her cell phone brought Orion Montgomery out of her contemplative thoughts. Looking up from the old book she was going through to grab the device and check the ID. She didn't get many calls during the day as most people who knew her assumed she was hard at work in the shop.

Having finished her last sword and sent it off to the customer, Orion didn't need to go to the shop as she was working on the design for her next sword. Which could be done from the comfort of her own home.

"Hello." Orion answered, placing the call on speaker phone while she continued to skim through the book. A pen and a stack of sticky notes next to her.

"Aunty O!" Came a giggle through the speaker. A smile broke out on Orion's face.

"Ah, Her Royal Highness; Princess Clover, hello!" Orion greeted her three year old niece. "Did you steal your Mom's phone?"

"...Maybe." Clover mumbled guiltily.

"It's okay, Clover. As long as you give it back to her when the call is done." Orion instructed her gently.

"Okay Aunty, I will!" Clover agreed happily.

"That's good, now, what do you want to talk about?" Orion hummed, sitting back on her couch and abandoning her studying.

"Mommy got me a unicorn! It's blue and white and has a yellow horn!" Clover told her excitedly.

"A blue and white unicorn?! That's so cool! I wish I could have a unicorn." Orion said enthusiastically.

"I could give you a picture of one in my next letter." Clover offered. "You send yours yet, Aunty?"

"Yes, I sent it yesterday. Are you going to draw me a picture for my fridge?" Orion smiled, already picturing the new drawing to put on her cluttered fridge door.

"Yup! I'll have two pictures for you!" She could just see the wide grin on the little girl's face.

"Two?! Oh, wow!" Orion gasped. Clover could be heard giggling on the other end.

"Clover?" Orion's sister law's voice faintly called, making the little girl gasp. "Clover, what are you doing with Mommy's phone?"

"I'm talking to Aunty O." Clover told her as though it were obvious.

"You know you can ask me if we want to phone Aunty Orion right? We don't have to steal Mommy's phone."

"I'm sorry Mommy." Clover sniffled.

"Clover, am I on speaker-phone?" Orion called softly.

"Yes, you are, Orion." Thea said before turning to her daughter who was likely tearing up. "It's okay, Clover. Mommy's not mad."

"Hi Thea, I did tell her to return the phone to you once the call was done." Orion explained.

"It's all good, Orion. Clover's just been missing you the last while." Thea laughed lightly.

"When are you coming to visit, Aunty O?" Clover asked, sounding less like she was about to cry.

"I don't know Clover." Orion sighed. "It might be a few months yet."

"How have things been for you over there in the states?" Thea asked, humming softly in the background and Orion could picture her bouncing Clover in her arms to cheer her up.

"Pretty good. Just finished my latest project yesterday and sent it off. The check should be coming through in the next few weeks. I've started planning out a sword for the Blade Show. Are you two thinking of coming this year?" Orion leaned her head back on the dark cushions of her couch.