Chapter 8: Kavinsky?

Andrew's pov:

"Do you like to eat me?", I whispered in her ears.

"You taste awful. So, it's a big no"

"Well I see. That's why you don't want to stop me when I kiss you", I pecked her lips and continued, "I don't taste bad"

She blinked at me twice and pout. "I'm not kidding. I'm really hungry".

"You know, you taste like strawberries" I said as she licked her lips. She's cute!

"Huh? Lol. And you taste like dirt"

"Then you really like dirt tho"

"GET OFF ME!"

I move from her and sit on the bed, cross-legged. She sat infront of me. A scowl on her face. She gazed at me and her stomach again growled. Huh.

"Wait", I said as i make a call to Lia. She picked. "Bring four chicken sandwiches". I leaned against the bedhead, folding my arms around my chest staring at her in the dark light. The only light in the room is the fire only. It's kind of a mixture of red, orange and yellow. It's beautiful.

"Did you order that for you?"

"Ofcourse not miss. It's for you", I smiled. She rolled her eyes. She's not even grateful. She doesn't know that I'm not like this. This is not me. Or maybe this is the real me. I don't even want to show her my bad side. She's- she's precious. Don't ask me why.

Lia came with four sandwiches. She peeked at my room before leaving. What's her problem? I huffed and put those sandwiches infront of her.

"Well", she sighed. "This will be like those other foods"

"Other foods?"

"They don't make good food", she stopped and said before taking a bite, "how do you even eat-". Her eyes broadened. She looked at me and started taking big bites. "These *chomp* are *chomp* really *chomp* good *chomp* *breathes*"

I chuckled at her cuteness. "Don't they make good foods?"

"No. But yours is too good. Can i-" she hesitated.

"Tell me, princess"

"Can I eat all of em?"

"It's for you only"

She grinned and started eating. I'm here just staring at her. Admiring her. Thinking how can someone be so beautiful? Her eyes. Her lips. Her little nose. Her ears. Her hair. Everything.

She is like clouds. Sometimes, peaceful, tranquil and kind. And sometimes, thunder in rage. Shed rain from her eyes as if pearls and diamonds are falling. Her lips like the honeyed lips of hylas. Her eyes are obsidian. Impenetrable, shiny. Her skin is flawless and her dusky hair is angelic, soft and bristly.

1 sandwich.
2 sandwich.
3 sandwich.
4 is being eaten.

"You were really hungry"

"Hm", she said, chewing. And done. She put her hand on her tummy and sighed. Cute!

"Stop doing these"

"Doing what?"

"Being so disgusting. Now go to your room. Meet me tomorrow"

"Lol. Bye then!"

Next day-

It's 5:00 pm. I'm sitting on the couch. I get a call. It's dad. Not again. Absurd.
Falso. Imprevedibile.

"Hey dad"

"Hm. What's going on?"

"Everything's good dad. Rex will be in our hands soon"

"When? After my death?"

"yeobo, don't say things like that"

Mom? That was her voice. "Is mom there?"

""

"Give her"

"Andrew!", Her voice softened. Her voice trembling.

"Is dad near you?"

"No. I'm talking to you standing in the corridor. I miss you, son"

"I miss you too mom"

"Your dad still beats me. Torture me. I got bruises everywhere. All over my-"

I felt that dad has snatched the phone away and slapped her. "I'll call you later", he said and hang up. Ti amo, Mamma.

I'm so upset now. I want to cry. I tightened my grip on my phone. My door bell rang. I opened it. I sit still on the bed, lowering my head.

"Kavinsky?", A voice spoke from across the room. I see Andrea, standing infront of me, holding a glass of apple juice. I glanced at her. My eyes grew red. I'm trying hard to control. "Kavinsky? Are you okay?"

"No".

She sits beside me and put her hand on my shoulder. "What's wrong?"

"Il padre forse sta picchiando la mamma"

"I don't understand? Are you saying something about your dad and mom?"

"How do you know?"

"Cause I know Spanish. And maybe you're speaking Italian, so it's a bit similar-"

"Dad's probably beating mom. I just can't-". I can't help sheding tears. I closed my eyes.

"Oh no, Kavinsky", she placed my head on her shoulder and started to pat my head. "Can't you do anything about it?"

"They live far away from me"

"Don't cry. Please. I'll cry too"

"Mom.. I love her but dad's killing her"

"Kavinsky, why don't you call your mom and ask her to live here with you?"

"She can't. Dad won't let her come. I can't do anything about this and it's killing me", I moved my head from her shoulder.

"Kavinsky..", she now buried my head on her chest and I cried harder, hugging her. "I understand. And i won't comfort you by saying it's okay. Cause it's really not okay. But atleast, can you stay strong? My heart's wrenching"

"Why"

"To see you cry like that"

"I'm not crying"

"My shirt got wet"

I feel ashamed. I quickly removed my head and sit calmly. Without crying. Although it felt good crying on her arms. "I'm sorry"

"You can cry more if you want to. It'll reduce you to help-"

I kissed her. I hold her jaw firmly and make her lay on the bed. Her eyes shut closed. She's stunned but she still kissed me back. For the very first time. This time she tastes like pineapple but a bit sweeter. I noticed that one teardrop fell from her eyes. I broke the kiss.

"Are you crying?"

"No. Uhm- it was.."

"Huh?"

"It felt so good. You're my first kiss"

"Last first kiss", I said.

"Are you happy now?"

"A bit. Just a bit".

"You taste like sweet musk and rain"

It had me blushing at first. "Look at you being obsessed with me"

"I AM NOT"

"Yes, you're"

"No no"

"Yes, honey"

"Noooo"

"Yes!", I cupped her cheeks and she chuckled.

She's cute. But mom..