1.8 » tell me what's wrong

When Kaity finally woke up, she flinched awake. She wasn't in her own bed, and she had a slight headache that throbbed in between her eyebrows. She rolled over with a groan, but stiffened when she felt an arm slung over her middle. 

She moved cautiously, looking to the sleeping boy beside her. She then relaxed when she realized it was Luke and she was in his bedroom. Last night was hazy, but she could remember the drunken men hitting on her and Luke showing up to dance with her.

But she couldn't remember much more than that, maybe not without a little help. Kaity sat up, inhaling deeply as she tied her hair up. She nudged Luke with her foot, watching as he stirred in his sleep. Then slowly, he sleepily blinked at her.

"You're awake," he smiled, stretching and squeezing his eyes shut again. His hair was messy, some of it plastered to his forehead. His eyes were muted with sleep, but somehow they were still as bright as the sky on a hot day. And his torso was bare, his shirt lying crinkled on the floor by the bed.

But she couldn't let his appearance distract from the questions running through her mind.

"Could you maybe tell me what happened last night?" She asked, nibbling on the inside of her lip. Kaity didn't want to waste any time getting details from when she was drunk.

She noticed that she woke up fully clothed, but it wasn't what she got drunk in. And she did wake up in Luke's bed. They could have done anything in the time she was intoxicated. It scared her that she didn't really remember anything.

Luke sat up, the sleep seeming to drain from his eyes at the sound of how serious Kaity's voice was. She figured he knew that was she was a little nervous to hear the answer.

"Well, I found you at the bar trying to dance. I helped you change into your pajamas and then drove you to my house where we danced on the beach, because you really wanted to dance," he chuckled, shaking his head as if he were reliving the memories. "And you stayed over because it was late and you were in no mind to drive on your own."

Kaity nodded, letting out a sigh of relief. "So we didn't do... anything...?" She asked, letting her voice trail off, a blush burning hot on her cheeks.

She wasn't used to talking to guys about this stuff. She only discussed sex with Michael, but that was when he lost his to another girl. Kaity still had her virginity intact.

"Define anything," Luke laughed again, only causing Kaity to roll her eyes. "No, we didn't have sex or anything like that, Kaity. I would never take advantage of you when you're drunk, or sober for that matter."

Kaity nodded, feeling slightly less embarrassed about everything. "But, you did say some things last night," Luke grinned deviously as he nudged her with his leg. Kaity groaned, covering her face with both of her hands. Just like that, she was feeling more mortified than ever.

Luke chuckled as he went on. "Am I really as hot as a Calvin Klein underwear model, Kaitlyn?" He prodded, trying to pry her hands away from her face.

Kaity let out another muffled groan as she fell back against the bed. "I am never getting drunk again in my life," she laughed, burying her face into Luke's pillow. Like before, it smelled like saltwater. It was already one of her favorite scents, but being associated with Luke, she loved it even more.

"Why were you drunk in the first place?" Luke asked and Kaity stopped laughing. She definitely remembered that part of her night because she was completely sober. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," Luke added, sensing her hesitation.

Kaity shook her head, telling him it was okay. "Some guys were giving me a hard time at the bar while I was working," she shrugged. "One of them got a little carried away and slapped my ass. I just needed to relieve some stress after that."