CHAPTER 2

6th September 1997

The days went on but it never got easier for the children. The world lost a promising Queen and a kind hearted woman but the children lost a mother, a parent and a guide. William was 15, Harry 12 and Frances was 11.

"Come little darling" the Queen beckoned for the young girl to sit with her.

"I know my dear how you feel about losing your mother I also lost my father when I was 25" The Queen hugged her youngest granddaughter.

Later that day at 9:08 am the crowd at Kensington Palace was enormous as the nation grieved for the loss of the Princess. Prince Charles opened the door first for Frances to exit the car followed by William and Harry

They began to walk behind the her casket and Frances couldn't control the tears that left her eyes. Frances held forget me not flowers as they were her mother's favourites.

People left messages and flowers for the princess.  The nation watched the young royals feeling sympathy for them but knowing Diana had left a a good impression on how they are to be.

Charles looked towards his youngest child as she was adorned in black. He missed the smile that would happily grace her face but knew it would be a long while before she does so.

The children each wrote a letter for Diana and placed it on her coffin which was at St James Palace.

"Papa will I ever get over mother's death" Frances asked Charles as she cuddled closer to his chest wiping the tears out of her eyes.

"I hope so Franny I really do" Charles replied as he held Frances close to his chest and took a deep breath as he saw her eyes slowly drooping and she fell asleep.

Nothing was going to be the same again following the years to come.