Benenden School

14th September 1997

Frances stared out of the car window as she sat with her father in the car driving her to Benenden School. She has never been to a school spending her life with her governess Mavis Blythe who was a friend of her mother.

She was nervous. What if the other girls were horrid or didn't like her and thought she was stuck up because she was a princess? Pulling up to the school, Charles lead to Frances out of the car.  She looked up at the big school which her aunt Anne Princess Royal had suggested for her to go to. 

"Franny dear are you ready" Charles looked down at his daughter as she looked towards the school.

"I am papa" she said quietly as the headmistress  Gillian du  Charme walked out of the school.

"Goodbye Fran Fran, love you" Frances and Charles took each others pinkies

"Love you too papa" and with that they kissed each others pinkies and she gave him a kiss goodbye on the cheek.

"Your Highness if you would like to follow me please" she had a warm smile as she led Frances through the school.

"Girls this is Princess Frances please do well to make her feel welcome" and with that the headmistress left.

"Hi I am super stoked to meet you I am Georgina Seymour but you can call me Georgie" she had a bright beaming smile on her face as she hugged me tightly. 

"Stop hogging the Princess Georgie, sorry about her I am Angela Wellesley people call me Angie she shook Frances hand " and that is Daphne Percy." Frances turned towards Daphne who had short blonde hair and hazel eyes.

"Nice to meet you all" 

"Well Princess I believe we are going to be good room mates unless you snore" Daphne told Frances. Frances burst out in laughter. She felt normal well as normal goes.

"Don't worry that won't be a problem."

"I'm sorry about your mother Princess, she was a nice lady" Angela commented which bought tension in the room.

"I know I am sorry to" Frances whispered to herself and went to settle at the bottom bunk

After settling in, it was time for bed. 

"Good night girls, lessons start tomorrow." Daphne exclaimed

"Good night mummy love you" Frances kissed the picture frame of her mother and went to sleep