SUMMER HOLIDAY

July 1999

Dearest mama, it has been 2 years since you have gone and not a day goes by when I don't miss you. William and I are coping well with your passing, but I fear that Harry is not doing well, and he isn't opening about it. I wonder what you would do mama. I have gotten accommodated with Camilla; she is a nice lady, but she isn't you, but I now have somebody that is a woman to talk about my girl stuff and about boys. Papa has planned an outing for Camilla and I today and we are going out to eat and then visit the RAF museum. Write more later, bye Mama.

Frances folded the letter and put in her box of other letters that she began to write during her time at school. She put on the dress that Charles had bought for her.

"Camilla Parker Bowles, your royal highness" Alfred our butler announces and Charles walks towards her and gives her kisses on the cheeks

"My darling, you have arrived, Frances is waiting for you in the parlour room" Charles takes Camilla's hand.

"Franny dear look who's here" Frances turned to see Camilla with a nervous smile as the young girl made her way towards her. This would be the first time they would be alone together, and Camilla didn't want to mess up this chance.

"Are you ready, sweet girl" Frances nodded at her father, kissed his cheek and left to go to the car.

Camilla and Frances went to York House together at St James' Palace. Camilla had a daughter; she should know how to talk to Frances about girl stuff like period.

"Frances, I want you know that I am here for you, and I know that being with your brothers and father has left you unable to talk about certain things." Frances was happy to say the least that she finally had a female influence in her life that she could turn to.

"Thank you, Camilla" Frances smiled at her. They talked for a while before they went to the RAF museum. Frances was fascinated by history despite not being a big fan of flying. They spent the next few hours talking about boys and school.

Charles was happy to see his little girl get on well with Camilla. Now all that was left was for Harry to try to get on with her.

"Franny, how could you spend your time with that despicable woman" Harry yelled at her when Frances entered her room.

"Just because you don't like her doesn't mean I can't" Frances yelled back at Harry.

"It's that woman's fault that mummy is gone, and it seems like you have forgotten her" Frances could feel tears prickling in her eyes at the accusation. She followed him into the hallway.

"Harry that isn't fair of course I have not forgotten mummy, but she would had wanted us to move on" the tears were now spilling down her face as she came face to face with Harry.

"I hate you, Frances and I hate papa and that woman" Harry pushed Frances down the stairs and she tumbled down. The commotion was heard, and William quickly came out of his room to see Frances at the bottom of the staircase.

"Harry, what did you do?" William turned angrily asked Harry as their father made their way towards her and picked Frances up. He looked at Harry who had tears in his eyes and quickly took Frances to the hospital.

THE ROYAL PRINCESS | THE BRITSH ROYAL FAMILYOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara