Back to School

5th January 1998

Frances was ecstatic beyond words when she got back to Benenden School. She waved goodbye to Ernest their driver and kissed a quick goodbye on Charles' cheek before running out of the car excited for a brand new school year.

Despite being cold, nothing could stop Frances from being happy and running down the corridors despite severe scolding from  the headmistress as she ran past to their shared dorms to see Angela, Georgina and Daphne getting their things out of their suitcases. 

Georgina was the first to notice Frances and she squealed in excitement when she saw Frances and hugged her tightly.

"I've missed you guys all holiday" the girls were in a big circle each other in happiness at the sight of each other.

"We need to get ready for our first lesson. My first lesson is maths with Mr Terry. I don't what I hate more maths or Mr Terry, what about you guys" Georgina looked from her timetable to the other girls.

"Daph and I have Art together with Ms Kerrie"  "And I have Ms James for Religion" Frances interjected  despondently at the thought of not having any of their classes together 

"Oh Franny it sucks to be you, Ms James is the worst" Georgie exclaimed while Angie barged on her side. The girls parted ways and left to go their classes.

Frances went to sit down next to Alison Teresa Lyttlelton who was the daughter of the Viscount of the 12th Viscount Cobham. Frances loved religion with Ms James. She always had a happy smile on her face and she did not let other kids pick on each other during class. Ms James also favours Frances not because she was a Princess but one of the few girls to actually focus in her lessons.

"What year was the Great Schism" multiple girls raised their hands so Ms James picked Aria.

"1045, Ms" Aria said, many girls began to snicker because she had gotten the answer wrong.  "QUIET, girls that is incorrect Ms Melinda"

"Princess what is the right answer" Ms James' eyes glanced over to Frances.

"It's 1054, Ms" Frances answered knowing she had revised on Christian Beliefs.

"Correct Princess" Ms James gave her a small smile and turned her attention back to the class.

"Although it is the first day back, I want you girls to revise for our pop quiz next Monday on the conversion of Constantine the Great and the Great Schism, and I want your homework in by Friday in three days. Class dismissed."

"Well this House believes that school uniform should be banned as it doesn't allow children to express themselves freely." Frances was at the debate club and she was up against one of the smartest girls in their year called Samantha Martin.

"Well we strongly disagree as this allows children not to be bullied or feel sad just because some people's families aren't rich enough to buy their children the latest fashion" Sam counteracts Frances debate and Sam's team won the debate.

A/N what do you guys think should there be school uniforms or not and why?