6

"That was terrible." I mutter to myself. The first day of mine and Avery's new school had just happened and it was hell. At least for me, Avery seems to have loved it.

I agree with the fact, that the subject choices are amazing. After telling the headmistress about my passion for swimming and my plan to continue in statistics or law, she had handed me countless courses and groups I could visit and try out for. She said she would even change my school schedule to fit my new subjects. It was nothing like our old school.

Though the people were annoying. They were all stuck up pricks, who haven't worked a day in their life. They seem to forget, that there are people who have to work pay check to pay check and that there are teens, like myself who had to work in diners, restaurants, juice bars and cinemas just for some extra money. It was ridiculous.

None of them have had a reality check.

I think the only thing I can do is try to ignore them all. Especially some of those stuck up girls. They were all trying to grab onto me and be friends. Not in the nice way though, it was clear that all they wanted was more money.

I hear paper sliding or rustling? I turn to see an envelope at the end of my door. Picking it up and turning it over I read 'Lieta Cege'.

I open it. It must be safe, as this guy called Felix is watching my door currently. I open up the seal, surprised by the content.

Lieta,

I'll accept the offer, at the back are legal contracts, which Alisa went through. She's circled the parts you need to sign.
These are only for the co-owning of the foundation. It's still rightfully yours.

Grayson Hawthorne

Grinning, I pull out the contract, grabbing a pen and sign all the the circled pieces. Once I've done that, I grab the contract and run throughout the house and finally find Alisa in one of the many living areas.

"You've signed it?" she asks with a chuckle. I try to relax my body and turn down my smile just a bit. I'm a bit too excited and it's showing.

"Yup." I reply, handing over the papers.

She scans through all parts, double checking each signature and each line. I tap my foot lightly, making sure not to explode.

"I'll send it through. By tomorrow, you'll both be co-owners." she nods, heading out of the room. Once she's gone I let out a small squeal. I'm glad I could at least put one thing right.

"What's got you so happy?" I hear the infamous Texan accent from behind me.

"Nothing, nothing." I turn and tell Nash Hawthorne.

"Stop playing the act. Gray let it spill hours ago." he chuckled. I shrug. Do I trust this man? Then again I'm trusting Grayson and he was the rudest to me at the beginning.

"Sure he did." I agree, walking off, though I remember something I've been wanting to ask him for ages, which makes me turn around.

"Is Libby alright? She's been ignoring me, ever since the Drake incident." he looks out the window with a shrug. That's helpful.

"She bakes a lot when she's upset. So I'm guessing she's still stressed." he tells me. I nod, he was right. She's been baking like a wild fire spreading in a forest.

"Could you ask her to talk to me? She runs off every chance I get."

"Of course." he sends me a small wink, walking off in the other direction. Hawthornes....

(22/8/22)