9

"We'll put you in room 67 for the time being. It's a couple rooms down from the boys." John nods, as Nash hums.

"That's 2 rooms down from Grayson's." he smirks, as I glare at him.

"Can I stay in my room?" Avery asks her bodyguard Oren. He nods, not saying anything. Honestly I'm glad I have John. He tends to talk more.

"I'll bring you to your room." Josh nods and starts walking. I say my good nights to the others and follow Josh down a couple hallways, towards the room, where I would stay.

We walk past a couple doors, till the first door has the name "Nash Hawthorne".

"Jameson Hawthorne".

"Alexander Hawthorne".

And finally:

"Grayson Hawthorne".

I wouldn't be able to tell you, why their names weren't in a specific order. Though I can tell you that Grayson's room is the largest. Though why, ... I don't know. Josh knocks on my new temporary bedroom door, which as Nash said was 2 rooms from Grayson's and he enters after no reply.

Once I enter I take in the large room. The walls were lined from top to bottom with large shelves, filled with books of all sort. It was more of a library than a bedroom. I'm sure one of the boys used to use it to study during high school.

"Alisa's going to come talk to you in a minute." Josh tells me and I thank him, just before he goes back outside.

After a minute of taking in the new surroundings, the door opens and Alisa comes striding in.

"You alright?" she asks me, bringing me over to my bed and making me sit down. She places herself next to me and takes out a folder.

"We need to go over some of your security protocols." I nod, as she starts talking. I try to make as much of the information she's giving me stick to my head, though it's not always that easy.

*

"That would be all of it." she smiles. I nod and thank her for her time. Before she stands I ask her a question, I had told myself I would ask. As I would generally mind my own business.

"Can I ask you something, slightly personal? You can just go if you don't want to when you hear the question." I tell her, she nods thoughtfully. Though I feel like she already knows what I want to ask.

"Why did you and Nash? You know, break up?" I try to be as straightforward, yet cautious at the same time. It's slightly difficult.

"It's...complicated. I wasn't always interested in the law you know. My hair used to be red. I had the same boots, which Nash still owns, my wardrobe wasn't put together like now. I went to country heights just like you did. Sponsored by the old man, as even though my family's wealthy, only the rich of the rich can pay for that school." she starts and I nod. I couldn't believe she had once been a daredevil? Though, I could somehow picture it.

"Nash was my classmate. Nothing more, nothing less. I realised he was cool and we started hanging out and yeah. Our parents were quite thrilled in all honesty. Well my father was. Skye wasn't as much. She thought I was a bad influence. Part of her hatred for me now, still stems from that relationship.

Then we got engaged. I don't even remember why I said yes. It just seemed so exciting. The thrill was real. We wanted to travel, see the world, do what we want, maybe just move to another town. Anything that made us different to our families. Not as preppy, not as intelligent, the list goes on.

Though every time he went on a trip alone, he would bring one of those house maids back. Always a different one. At the start I was fine with it, I was quite pleased that he was helping other people get jobs and better lives. Though they were only ever girls and they would cling to him like their lives depended on it. I would ask him to just not touch them as much. As he would hug them and even sometimes cuddle with singular ones every once in a while, when they were stressed. It was obvious they were pretending and I was upset he didn't realise it.

I lashed out and yelled at him. He told me to calm down and I told him to check what he sees in me and what he sees in them. He needed to see the difference. I wanted him to tell me whether there was a difference. He ended up telling me, that he couldn't find a specific one, other than love. It was the most bullshit excuse I had heard.

So I left him. My father was disappointed but understood and his mother was always giving me sly smirks. So I studied law, turned everything about me around. That's why I try not to go too harsh on you and Avery. You need to be teenagers, but I need to make sure you're both safe. That's all." she finishes her rant and I nod. She gives me a shy smile, supposedly realising how much she had said.

"I'm sorry. That's kinda horrible." I tell her. She just shakes her head with a laugh.

"It's in the past. Just be careful around those boys. Avery's a lost cause. I'll still warn you about Grayson."

"I don't like Grayson." I try to play it off. I don't believe I like him. So why should she?

"Just be careful. I'm not stopping you. I just don't want you both making the same mistake I  made." she walks over to the door.

"Sleep a bit." she nods and I smile at her. Alisa's able to be warm and kind, not just business.

(15/9/22)