10

A knock sounded on my door, as I was writing down some statistics for my new analytics class.

"Come in." I yell, but don't check who it is.

"I need your signature for the foundation. Oh and perhaps the colour of your dress?" I turn to see Grayson Hawthorne. He's wearing his classic white shirt and grey dress pants.

"Hand it over." I gesture for him to hand me the paper. I read through it no biggy and sign it with my initials.

"The dress is a dark red." I tell him. Grayson nods, though he keeps standing in his spot, staring at my paper.

"What?" I ask rather annoyed, thinking he was judging my colour dress.

"You dropped a number." he points towards a part of my list and I double check. Guess he didn't hate the colour and he was right.

"Oops." I chuckle, though he shakes his head.

"That could lead to an imbalance in the equation if you left it like that." he shakes his head again.

"It's just homework."

"If you take up a job with statistics in a big firm, you could cost them millions."

"If I worked for a big company I would be more precise. It's just homework." I roll my eyes.

"Fine. You dropped a six on the other one." he points out and leaves the room. He was right again.

*

"Care if I join you?" I peak around the corner, where Grayson's sitting again. It was around 2am this time, so not as bad as last time.

"Sure." he nods, then goes back to his folders.

I sit myself down on one of the stools and open up my Harry Potter book again. I know John's somewhere watching, but he's been doing a good job at not making it seem so.

"You're still reading that?" Grayson asks, gesturing to the book in my lap.

"Almost done." I nod, I look up and see that he almost has a faint smile on his face, whilst he stares at his folders. I grin, pleased that his shell's slowly breaking.

I read for a while, though every small sound brings me back to reality. At some point later in the morning I manage to finish the book and close it. I stand up and walk back over to the shelf where Grayson had got the book from.

"Can you grab it for me?" I ask, not being able to reach, where he had grabbed the book from just a couple days ago.

"Of course." he tells me and gets up. Grayson Hawthorne was always put together. You could see it when you looked at him. You could see it from the suit, all the way to his hair and the way he talked. His words filled with such grace and his classy smile, whenever someone was pleased with him. However, his soft smile ,when his shell was finally breaking, was what truly mattered.

(5/10/22)