33

"You alright?" Grayson asked, as I entered his office. I nodded and walked towards his chair, resting my hands on his shoulders, as he looked up at me.

"You sure?"

"Ricky was at Avery's game." I said quietly, as Grayson quickly turned his chair, his face tensed. The spin of the chair made me quickly step back, as to not get hit by the thing.
"Why was he there?" he rushed, as I shrugged.
"Money supposedly." I shrugged, making Grayson groan and rub his temple.
"That's ridiculous."

"No need to get upset about it." I mentioned, as he pulled me down onto his lap. Automatically my body fit itself into his, feeling his arm slip around my waist, as he pulled me a bit higher.

"I can be upset about anything that could potentially hurt you." he stated, as I shook my head.

"It's unnecessary."

"Let me change my sentence. I will start a fight with anyone or anything that could potentially hurt you." Grayson said, as I just hummed, closing my eyes.
"You won't need to." I said quietly, as he let his fingers go through my hair. The careful touch of his fingers made me melt inside and want to cuddle up for the rest of the night.
"We'll see about that."

*

"Ricky Grambs spotted among the crowd. Biggest news story in the past 24 hours." Alisa threw the news paper onto the library desk, as I reached out and grabbed the paper.

"How do they know about him?" I questioned, as she let out a chuckle. The common Alisa 'how could you forget' type of laugh.

"Lieta, everyone knows about you. They know about your wonderful father and they know about the mother who left you. They know that Avery had a mother and they know about Libby's mother. You're everywhere."

"Forgot." I answered, as I stared at the low quality photo of my deadbeat father. It was upsetting seeing all the publicity he was getting.

"He's going to try and get an interview you know." Avery said from my side, as I nodded.

"I'm guessing I need to try and stop that." Alisa stated, grabbing her bag and pushing past Nash, who was standing in the doorway.

"She doesn't hate you, you know." I told Nash, as he raised an eyebrow. "Now how would you know that?"

"I have my way with people." I shrugged, grabbing the newspaper. He just kept his confused but calm expression, as I let myself remember the conversation I had had with Alisa.

Making my way past everyone I headed to my room, wanting nothing more than to get changed and go for a swim. Though I was stopped by Libby, who tried to slyly walk past me with a big platter of muffins.

"What's got you all stressed?" I questioned, as she shook her head 'nothing'.

"Lib." I grabbed her wrist, as she looked over to me. She just shook her head, as I watched her walk off.

"I'll find out!" I yelled after her, wishing she would just tell me.

*

Grayson's POV:

The moon was slowly coming into view, as I sorted my papers into their corresponding folders. Lieta had been in the pool for the past three hours and I was starting to become worried. She was stressed, as her father had decided to turn up at Avery's game and he would be at hers as well.

Placing the papers to one side, I walked towards my balcony, which hung over the pool. I looked down and watched as Lieta's firm strokes hit the water for what must've been at least the 400th time today.