34

Still Grayson's POV:

„What are you doing?" I asked, as Jameson looked towards me. We were standing in his room, as he looked up towards his pin board. Similar to mine it had red strings binding two hints together, though unlike mine, it wasn't hints but more just his life. He even had a newspaper article hanging from it. Specifically the one of him and Avery being spotted by paparazzi in a hot tub.

„You'll have to be more specific, as I do a lot of things with my many qualities." he smirked over at me. He knew that he was annoying me, though I didn't let that distract me from asking the important questions.

„You and Avery. You've been searching for something. Xander occasionally joins in."

„Let me get this straight,", Jameson started as I groaned, he was taking the piss, „you my dear older brother, want to know what I'm doing. Because you can't figure it out."

„Stating the obvious." I mutter, as Jameson grins.

„Well dear brother, do I have news for you!" Jameson turned towards his book shelf, which if everyone was completely honest, did not carry useful books.

„Toby Hawthorne, might be, alive." he said the last word in almost a whisper, as I raised an eyebrow.

„That's what you've been working on?" I questioned, feeling like this was some sort of joke. Jameson however believed everything.

„Here." he handed me a photo of Avery and Lieta probably only a couple months ago, with a man who looked around 40-50ish. They were playing chess in a park. Then he handed me a second photo. One of Toby Hawthorne just before he wasn't seen again.

„Ask Lieta if Toby looks familiar. The second picture will make sense afterwards." he turned back towards his pin wall.

„What am I doing?" I muttered, turning around and leaving for my room.

*

I come back to my room, John outside, like he had been almost all night.

„Lieta awake?" I questioned, as he shook his head. I sighed walking back inside. Lieta was still in a deep slumber, not having woken up from the door sound.

I sat down next to her, she still looked adorable, when she slept. My shirt much too big for her, though it still suited her. I looked back down to the pictures in my hands and decided they could wait till she had some understanding of her surroundings. So I placed them onto my nightstand and carefully stroked her hair, waiting for her to wake up.

Her eyes slowly started blinking, as she took her hands and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. Slowly she turned towards me and smiled warmly. I returned the smile, still stroking her hair behind her ear.

"Morning." she mumbled quietly. Clearly she had forgotten about last night. Or maybe she was pushing the memory far away and acting like she was fine. Though I believed she was. It was a small moment of stress and I could see there in that moment that she was happy and alright.

"Afternoon, actually." I replied, making her groan. She looked down and confusion laced her face, as she stared at the shirt she was in.

"How-?"

"Your sisters were gone, so I made do with what I had. You'd be sick if I hadn't changed you." I stated, knowing I didn't regret keeping her from becoming ill.

"You didn't look though, did you?" I watched her cross her arms, covering herself, as I tilted my head.

"Tried my best not to."

"Doesn't sound like there was much effort." she huffed, as I rolled my eyes playfully.

"If only you knew the immense effort I put into changing you." I flopped down next to her, as she raised an eyebrow. Though her eyes betrayed her, with a look of almost delight.

"You're very pretty in my shirt you know. "I angled myself towards her more, as she blushed.

I was getting to her.

"It's very comfy." Lieta admitted, as I pressed my face against hers, our noses now touching.
"We're close." I said quietly, as she smirked.

"Might as well make use of the close proximity." she hummed.

"We could." I stated, as Lieta just hummed again.

Finally she cupped my face and placed her lips to mine, as her hands travelled towards my hair. I carefully got on top of her and kept kissing her and held her side.

If I didn't think it was too early for her to hear, I would've told her I felt I loved her.

*

Lieta's POV:

I grinned against the kiss and let Grayson's hands explore my body, whilst I couldn't help but let out a whimper, as he sucked on my skin. He clearly didn't mind though, as I felt his kisses run up and down my exposed collar bones and neck.

"Gray." I moaned quietly, as my breath hitched. I almost wanted to hide, it didn't feel right to say those words. Especially in that tone. However at the same time it felt good.

"Keep going." Grayson smirked against my skin, kissing me further. It kept becoming more obvious to me, that all I had on was a shirt and that Grayson didn't seem to mind. It astonished me, that he was here with me. I wasn't sure whether to be worried, scared or happy and almost excited.

I was so desperate to hide, yet at the same time I wanted nothing more than for him to touch everything. Feel me, love me, kiss me, touch me, be with me. I honestly couldn't decide.

His hands explored my sides, from collar bone down to my thigh. Every time he touched a new part of my skin, my breath hitched and I felt a wave of nervousness.

"Gray." I stopped him, cupping his face. He looked worried, though I tried to calm him down by smiling. It seemed to work.

"Can we not-" I didn't need to ask. He just nodded and left a sweet and tender kiss on my lips.

*

"Does he look familiar?" Grayson handed me a photo of someone I hadn't seen before. Though something told me there was more to Grayson's words than I realised.

I stared at the picture for what felt like forever, as Grayson looked up at me from my chest. I was still in his shirt looking almost the same as before with a little messy hair. However Grayson's jacket had fallen to the side of the bed, his shirt a little more open than beforehand, sleeves rolled up and hair fluffy and puffy. He honestly looked even better in this 'horrendous state' as he liked to call it.

"He looks like a younger version of the guy I played chess with. You know Harry? The guy I told you about?" Grayson's face changed into a lightly shocked expression, as he grabbed another photo. It was a photo of Avery and me, placing chess with Harry.

"Where did you get that from?" I rushed, as Grayson shook his head almost not believing what I was saying.

"Jameson. That's my uncle Toby." he pointed towards the young photo.

"What about it?" I questioned, as Grayson pinched my side lightly.

"Jameson and Avery believe he's alive. And that you know him." he pointed towards the picture of Avery and me playing chess.

"Mental." I muttered, not believing a word my boyfriend was saying.

*

(15/7/23)
AH!
Two posts in a day. Who is sheeee?
Only the best Grayson writer EVER.
Just kidding.
I know you guys don't find it funny, I honestly wouldn't either. Just needed to celebrate how far I've gotten with this story. But yayyy.
Anyways I love you all a lot. <333
Bye byeeee