30

"Yes?" I asked as Nash stood at my door.

"Libby sent me, because apparently you hate school." he said, closing the door and letting himself in.

"I don't hate school, I hate the school." I explained.

"Same thing." he said, his hands in his pockets.

"It's not."

"Shut up." he muttered, rubbing his temple.
"Why?"

"I went through it too. Only difference was that I ditched classes." Nash walked over to my desk and sat down. I crossed my arms waiting for him to explain.

"Look, Li. If you hate the school you should do homeschooling or we'll find a new school for you."

"Alisa wouldn't-"

"It doesn't matter what Alisa says. She's not in charge of your life. At least not in that way. The more upset you get with the things you do the worse you'll become. I almost left my family because I was so annoyed with everything. I was luckily close to graduating but you've still got a whole two years there. You won't survive that long. So you're going to come with me and tell Alisa that you want to leave and do homeschooling or find another school." he stood up and waited for me to join him.

"But Avery loves it....Xander too. Jameson's Jameson, Grayson thought it was good."

"I don't think that matters. What fits for them won't always fit with you." he said calmly, as I sighed.

"But Grayson loves showing me what I can do with the school's potential-"

"Has he asked you out yet?" I stayed silent, as Nash shrugged his shoulders.

"I know you love each other to pieces. But you can't choose his happiness over yours. Now come on." he headed towards the door, as I stayed put.

"You coming?" He turned to look at me, as I shrugged.

"What if I don't get the grades I need by homeschooling?" I questioned worriedly.

"I think you can risk it." Nash sent me a small smile, as I nodded.

"Let's get you out of hell." he smirked, as I joined him at the door.

*

"Morning Lee-Lee." Nash said once we entered the kitchen. Alisa was having a conversation with Grayson and Avery was snacking on a slice of apple, with Libby next to her.

"What do you want?" Alisa asked somewhat annoyed.

"Nothing I want. Your little girl here wants something." he nudged me, as I pursed my lips.

Alisa turned toward me and raised an eyebrow, as I cleared my throat: "I want to start homeschooling."

The room was silent for a moment before Alisa answered: "You sure? That's a big decision."

"I hate the school with every fibre in my body, so I'd say yes." I answered, making Alisa nod.

"Alright, I'll figure something out. You'll have to go till we can pull you out."

"Fine with me." I smiled, as she nodded. Nash grinned down at me and I watched as he looked over to Libby, who sent him a thankful smile.

*

„What's this with you not wanting to go to Country Day?" Grayson entered my room, as I shrugged.

„The kids are rich spoilt snobs, the teachers think I don't know anything and it's just not for me." I told him, as he nodded in thought. It was quiet for a minute before he sighed.

„Fair enough, as long as you're happy." he came over and laid down in front of me. I stared down at him from my spot, as he smiled.

„What?" I laughed, as he just shrugged, with a stupid grin plastered on his face.

„You're cute."
I flushed a light pink, as he just laughed.
„Can't believe I can still do that.".

„Why?" I questioned confused, though he raised an eyebrow.

„I thought we were further than stupid crushes."
„You haven't asked me out yet."
„Neither have you, me."
„Fair enough." I flopped down next to him and turned my head, so that I looked towards him.

„Now what?" he asked, as I shrugged, though all that did was make my bed move. The sound making us laugh.

„Grayson Davenport Hawthorne, will you classify me as your girlfriend?" I questioned, as he smirked. „Hm, I'm not sure."

„Oh don't start that." I rolled on top of him and started leaving small kisses all over his face.

„Alright! Yes, Lieta, of course I will." he said excitedly, as I grinned. „That's more like it."

He pulled my lips towards his, as I smiled into the kiss. Finally.

(9/6/23)