46

Lieta's POV:

"Do you think Grayson and Jameson have found Grayson's father yet?" Libby plopped herself down next to me.

"Who knows, I'm hoping we'll get a call and otherwise we'll just have to wait and see." I stated, looking over to her, as she nodded. Libby was a sweetheart, but she had slight attachment issues.

Nash had left for an out of town visit to some long distance relatives, leaving Libby here with nothing. Well she had us and everything else in Hawthorne House, but she missed her ‚not a boyfriend'.

„You need to work on your attachment issues." I stated, as Libby looked over offended.

„I do not have attachment issues." she shook her head, as I sighed.

„Libby, look at your surroundings. When was the last time you hung out with me?"

„Just last week!" Libby told me pointedly.

„Bringing me your red velvet cupcakes and leaving immediately does not count as hanging out." I looked at her, though she just huffed.

„It does."
„Does not."

She huffed and led down. Libby grabbed me and threw me over, starting to tickle me on my sides. I started laughing uncontrollably, as Libby started laughing as well. The light shined brightly at my face, making me close my eyes as she kept tickling me.

*

I was cleaning my room waiting for Grayson to call me from Arizona. He had promised an update, yet it was killing me having to wait.

Outside the sun was setting and the clouds were moving rapidly towards the house. A storm was heading our direction, as it was becoming storm season in Texas. I watched the leaves on the trees move with the wind, as I folded my washing. My phone lit up with "Grayson" written on the screen. I rushed and accepted the call, as  I watched Grayson's face pop up.

"Evening, love", I heard Grayson's voice come out of the speakers, as I propped my phone up against the back wall. Grayson was sat at his desk, his phone also propped up against the wall.

"Evening", I smiled, as he looked at me through the phone. I waited for him to say something, though I could tell he wasn't too excited and in need of a chat.

"Do you want to tell me how it went?" I waited for a response, as he sighed.

"Not desperately. Can I tell you when I'm back?" he questioned. I nodded and sat there for a moment in our silence.

"Do you want to talk about anything else?" I stared at him exasperated. He nodded.

"How's Xander?" he asked. When Grayson had left Xander had enrolled into a special school program, one to keep his mind off of trying to find his father. I didn't want to lie to Grayson, as it really hadn't been working. Xander's lab had never looked so unorganised.

"Not great, he's obsessing over every little detail." I explained, watching Grayson rub his face with his hands.

"And Nash?" Grayson was worried and I could tell.

"How about you let me worry about all of that", I suggested, as he shook his head.

"I should be with all of you, not in Arizona", he muttered, though I just shook my head.

"Grayson trust me, being here wouldn't make the mess any better", I sighed, though he just shrugged.

"They're my family".

"I know, Grayson. Trust me they'll be okay." I smiled at him. He just nodded, making me sigh again.

"I miss you...a lot." he said quietly. I sighed, though he just looked away from the screen.

"I miss you too." I replied softly. Grayson still wasn't looking at me. I stared up at the picture of us at the charity ball, having a small idea.

"Remember this?" I showed him the picture, as I watched him finally crack a smile.

"I can't wait to see you in a fancy dress again."

"Why's that?", I laughed, he just shook his head with a smile.

"You looked stunning." he finished, leaving me with a big grin on my face.

"Thank you." I blushed, feeling his eyes on me through the phone.

"And hot, may I add?"

"You may", I smirked, as he grinned at me through the phone.

*

(13/4/24)