37

Grayson's POV:

"Grayson. Gray. Gray." I was shaken awake, as I blinked rapidly. My back was killing me, as I stretched. The floor was not the best place to sleep, but I would rather succumb to a deadly disease than leave Lieta alone in her room.

"What?" I asked annoyed, as I saw Jameson above me.

"You're insane." he stated, extending his hand out for me to pull myself up. I groaned, pulling myself up with Jameson's help. The thing that worried me most, was that Jameson's smile wasn't sincere in anyway. It was covering for worry.

"What's wrong, Jamie?" I questioned, brushing my suit off. It had folds and wrinkles in places, where they weren't supposed to be. He just shook his head, angling his head towards Lieta, who was still laying next to us. She hadn't woken up just yet and I was desperately hoping she would wake up soon. The doctors had checked up on her during the night and said nothing was worrying them and I would just have to wait till she's back upright and talking.

"Are you worried about her?" I questioned, he shrugged.

"Yes, but also you." he told me, as I raised an eyebrow.

"Why are you worried about me?" I asked.

"Everyone knows you're love sick, Gray-"
"I'm not lovesick." I interrupted him, though he continued.
"Let me finish,", Jameson sighed, "Everyone knows you're lovesick, but I think you're becoming overly worried about Lieta."

"I'm not overly worried." I stated, though he shook his head again.

"You slept on the floor." Jameson mentioned, as I groaned.

"Well I'm sorry my girlfriend was shot." I rubbed my temple, as Jameson smirked.

"You asked her to be your girlfriend?"
"Other way around." I muttered, as Jameson snorted.

"Of course she had to ask." he laughed, though I just glared at him.

"We're having lunch. Come on." he stated, as I shook my head.
"I'm not leaving her."
"Gray, you need food."
"Do not."
"Do too. Now come on." he headed for the door and waited beside it. My eyes travelled between him and Lieta. I didn't want to miss her waking up. I didn't want her confused and alone.

"We'll tell John to get you, if she wakes up." Jameson sighed. I finally nodded and followed him out the door.

"Call me if she wakes." I told John, as he nodded. I followed Jameson down towards the dining room, where almost the whole house seemed to be eating.

"What happened to the suit?" Xander asked, as I shook my head.

"He slept on the floor." Jameson replied. Everyone nodded and looked down, not questioning my actions. I sat myself down and grabbed the bowl of cooked potatoes. The conversations were slow and mostly quiet. Avery was the most quiet along with Libby. We all seemed to be awkwardly avoiding the topic, which was plaguing our minds.

"How is she?" Avery asked quietly, as I shrugged.

"Doctors aren't worried. She'll supposedly wake up soon." I told her, as she sent me a weak smile. I tried to send one back, however it backfired, as I probably looked slightly depressed.

We all quietly ate for the next ten minutes, as my phone rang. Confused I picked it up to see John calling me.

"Everything alright?" I questioned quickly, as he hummed.

"All good, Lieta's just woken up, if you want to come and-" I hung up on him and quickly stood up, rushing outside. 

"Wait-"
"Let him go." Jameson stopped Avery from following me, as I sprinted through the hallways and up the stairs. I made my way past all our rooms and made it to Lieta's room. I rushed into her bedroom and looked over to John, he hid a smile, as he pointed his head towards Lieta.