41

"Let them sort their lives out." I said, as Grayson tried to follow Avery and Jameson. He sighed, closing the door behind them.

"You saw what they found in the earliest will?" he looked over, changing the topic, as I shook my head.

"I took Avery outside before I could read it."

"My grandfather apparently wanted to disperse his money towards multiple charities."
"Charities? Your grandfather?" I questioned confused, as Grayson nodded confused: „He was a philanthropist."

"The charities all have to do with the four people who died with my uncle Toby. Jameson thinks they have to do with our..." Grayson trailed off, mouth hanging open, as he tried to get the word out.

"Gray?" I asked carefully, standing up and heading towards him.

"Our.." I looked up at him, as he tried to get the word out, though he seemed worried about it.

"Your what, Grayson?" I questioned, placing my hand carefully against his cheek. I rubbed small circles onto his cheek, as he looked away almost ashamed.

"Fathers." he finally muttered, as I sighed. This was clearly a hard topic for him. He had only ever known his mother, fathers had left the picture for all of the four grandsons. The closest they had to a father was their grandfather. You could almost laugh at how our lives were basically parallel.

"You scared of meeting him?"

"Meeting him? No." Grayson stated whilst shaking his head, as I raised an eyebrow.

"Then what exactly?"
"Nothing." he shook his head and headed towards his bed, grabbing the folders from the top of the bed.

"Grayson, talk to me." I walked towards him and put my hands onto his shoulders. My arms were stretched as far as they could reach, which just about made the top of Grayson's shoulders, when he was stood up.

"There's nothing to talk about. I don't want to go and visit a person who is apparently my father. He never looked for me and I am not going to start looking for him." Grayson explained, piling the multiple papers on top of each other in a rush.

"Gray-"
"No, I'm not going to meet him. So please just leave it." he rushed towards the door, papers in hand. Quickly I turned and rushed after him.

"I'm not making you meet him!" I yelled after him, as I saw him turn a corner. Though when I tried to follow, Grayson was nowhere to be found.

"Grayson! I swear if you're hiding in the walls, come out. I won't make you do anything!" I pleaded, though couldn't find him anywhere. I started pressing anything which looked like a button, just hoping for a door to open.

"Looks like you're in trouble." Xander looked at me from the top of the stairs, which were at the end of the hallway.

"Grayson disappeared in the walls, because he's upset with me or something, who knows." I complained, grabbing hold of my face and sinking down with my back against the wall.

"He'll come back, he won't be able to live without you." Xander shrugged, as I shook my head.

"Can't you just tell me where the secret passageway is?" I looked over, making Xander shrug.

"I could, but my room's too close to his, he'll murder me." Xander laughed, as I looked at him, as if he's mental.

"Grayson is upset with me or something along those lines, so please just tell me." I begged, though Xander shook his head.

"He'll come back. You'll both be fine." he stated, heading past me and past Grayson's open bedroom door.

I groaned, realising I had no way of finding Grayson in these walls of hidden secrets.