010

jungwon's p

jungwon's p.o.v

"You did well. Everyone, let's go home'" I nodded to the others with a content smile, taking the towel around my shoulders to dab my face. The music stopped. Another dance practice was finally over.

"What's today's dinner? Steak?"

"Steak."

"Again?"

I laughed at the usual conversation between Sunghoon and Jay, before I sat down on the ground, feeling exhausted.

Grabbing my water bottle, I unlocked my phone when Ni-ki suddenly approached me energetically. He put his arm around my shoulders, wiggling his eyebrows as if there was something he wanted from me.

"What?" I mouthed, taking a big sip from my water.

He was just about to open his mouth to reply, when suddenly my phone rang, startling the both of us as we stared down at my phone's display.

My eyes widened after seeing the caller's id.

It was Ji.

I hurriedly threw the water bottle in a corner, looking around in panic as I was caught off guard.

Why was she calling me???

"Jungwon? What are you doing? Go answer it already!" Ni-ki who was just as taken aback as me looked at me with wide eyes, raising an eyebrow before he watched me dash out of our practice room in confusion.

I ran into the first empty room I saw. Which wasn't too difficult because our practice was at night, meaning we were one of the last ones in the building.

Closing the door behind me, I took a deep breath.
Before calling her back, I cleared my throat several times to make sure my voice wouldn't come out croaky or break.

The phone rang 3 times.

That's when she finally picked up.

Silence.

"Hello..?"
My voice sounded unsure and filled the tranquil room I was in.

"Hi. Jungwon?"

There was it.
My breath hitched as the seemingly silent room was filled with my loud beating heart.
I didn't expect her voice to sound this honeyed.

"Ji? Is that you?"
I managed to say, my voice didn't break. Thankfully.

"No, It's Santa. Santa Claus. For fuck's sake, didn't you look at the caller's id first?"