021

Silence engulfed the two individuals who were busy communicating through text messages despite being right next to each other

Passersby who witnessed the whole thing could only laugh at today's generation, making fun of the two fools who still couldn't seem to make up with one another.

"Ji-" Jungwon started, trying to reach out for the girl who was facing him with her back.
His hand would stop midair when she scooted away from.

"Don't." She said, her voice full of threat.

Jungwon looked down, smiling to himself at how bizarre this situation was. The side of his face was still burning from her strong hit and he was sure it was going to leave a mark.

But...they finally met.

Jungwon could finally look into the girl's face if only she didn't have her back turned to him.

"Don't smile to yourself like that. You are so creepy." The girl stood up to leave, when he followed her actions.

"Where are you going?" Jungwon asked.

"Getting you your stupid meal, so you finally shut up." Was the only thing she said before walking ahead.
Again, he followed her.
The smile not once leaving his lips.

"I should have fucking known it." The girl groaned, letting herself drop to the rough floor.
Jungwon who was surprised at her actions, immediately encouraged her to stand up again.

"Ji! You could hurt yourself. Stand up..please."

But nothing could convince or cheer her up from the disappointment she felt.

"It's so late. Of course, there are no restaurants open." She spoke through gritted teeth, her face buried in her palm.

"You can just get me something from Wcdonalds..."

"Shut up." She turned around, her eyes burning with annoyance, "If I promise to treat someone, I will do it properly. Not just buy some cheap hamburger you can get anytime."

"No Ji, it's really fine." Jungwon laughed wholeheartedly, suddenly stopping as he stared at her. His eyes were intriguing and she was afraid he would see her.
Her thoughts.
Her fears.
She was afraid to be seen.

She gulped, taken aback by his sudden mood change, "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I didn't expect you to look like that."

The sound that followed was the sound of a breaking heart, "What's that supposed to mean?!"
The girl scoffed in disbelief, offended.