022

jungwon's p

jungwon's p.o.v

I continued to walk backwards, my eyes still glued on her silhouette which seemed to become smaller and smaller the more steps I took.

I didn't want to leave yet.
I didn't want her to walk away from me.

"Ji, I-" I started just when I was almost too far for her to hear me, when all of a sudden, I heard steps behind me. A little too close. Too sudden. Whoever it was, was trying to stay hidden from my sight.

Putting on my mask, my fingers tightly grabbed onto my base cap as I started walking slightly faster.
I had to be attentive.

"It's really Jungwon! Guys! Hurry!"
There was a teenager's voice. Almost like mine, probably a little younger.

A voice which I didn't know.

I turned back hesitantly, as I almost fell down to the ground from the shock. Fans and fan sites.
There were a lot of them. And despite the big distance between us, I could still recognize them.
Can you even call them fans? I didn't understand. How did they even find me?!

I started running in the opposite direction, unconsciously towards the girl I was with just a moment ago.

She was immersed in her thoughts, taking slow and conscientious steps as I quickly closed the distance between us.

"Ji!" I called for her breathlessly, my fingers wrapped around her hand as I attempted to drag her with me, "We need to run!"

She was obviously taken aback, her eyes being circle round as she looked behind her. It was dark, only a few lanterns were lighting up the daunting alley.
But the two of us still were able to see the big group of teenagers, holding up their photo cards and phones with their flashlights turned on.

They were coming after me.
"We have to leave!" I urged her, my grip tightening around her hand.

"What the fuck is going on?" She just cursed and turned back again.
There was a little moment of hesitance, before she glanced into my eyes and started running faster than I ever could.

"Wait, Wait, Wait-" It was me, I was the one who suggested to run, but now it was starting to get exhausting.

We ran down at least 2 blocks till she abruptly stopped. But the squeals and screams were still heard.

"What now?!" I sounded nervous.

Ji stayed quiet, looking around before she pushed me backwards towards a narrow alley.
"Stay here. Give me your base cap and hide." Her voice was low as she held out her hand. I gulped visibly.