042

"I thought you would never come back

"I thought you would never come back."
The girl couldn't wait for him to arrive, immediately throwing her arms around the boy's neck who hasn't even fully entered through the door yet. She was exasperated. Full of anxiousness.

"I told you I would." Was all he spoke with a soft smile that curled his lovely lips. She couldn't suppress her own smile, relief washing over every feature of her face.
The dim light that came from the weak light bulbs in her hallway were enhancing every detail of her face, every reason for his love and it made him feel lightheaded. Especially after the big news he received. The news he had to disclose to her now.

"Ni-ki took good care of me. He brought me home after trying to cheer me up with ice cream." The girl smiled weakly, "Please tell him thank you when you get home."

For some reason, she could feel the difference in his gaze and embrace when he didn't answer. His eyebrows were furrowed and he breathed deeply. Something was heavy on his shoulders, dragging down his consciousness and soul. She gulped, "So, what happens now?" She asked the most obvious, not wanting to waste any more time than necessary.

"Nothing." He spoke, "Nothing will happen to us."

"Jungwon." Her voice started to sound impatient, "Does your freak of a manager want us to break up? Is he checking me in? What is going to happen—"

"I won't break up with you." He sounded hollow, "I told him so."

"You can't tell me there are no consequences for you after the scene earlier."

Jungwon remained silence. He just stared at her, his eyes taking in each beautiful detail of her face and hair and everything. As if he needed to breathe one last, important time before descending into the endless depths of the sea.
What did she say again?
Panic made its way up his face, he nervously looked to her right eye first before changing to her left one, ignoring her hands that were piercing into his shoulders. What did she say to him??

"Jungwon!" She raised her voice.

"What?!"

"Why aren't you listening to me?"

"I am!" Not.
He couldn't. Voices were ringing in his head. In less than 5 days he would leave for at least two months and there was nothing he could do about it.
Oceans will separate them.

Ji's face fell. The same way her heart did.
Slowly letting go of his jacket, she let her arms hang on each side of her body.
"Your manager...he really did tell you to break up with me, didn't he?"

Jungwon's eyes widened, "No..No, that's not it—"

"Tell him that I will change. That I will go back to school and successfully finish and that I will be normal. Tell him that I will be ordinary. That I am okay!" She declared with determination, surprising the boy in front of her.