041

"I want you to meet the others

"I want you to meet the others."

"I'd rather die." Her voice sounded amused, "And I mean it. I actually do." It didn't take her two seconds to refuse him. She lazily let her head drop backwards onto her not so back-friendly chair. Jungwon on the other hand wasn't in the mood for jokes at all. His face remained serious.

"Why?" He seemed genuinely confused.

"What do you mean why?"

"Am I moving too fast?" Jungwon's voice remained quiet. He looked away as if he was asking himself instead of her. The girl's head whipped around, almost knocking down a lamp sitting next to her with her elbow. She couldn't understand how another human-being could be so thoughtful and considerate of others?

"What? No, that's not it. I just—"

"Then why?"

"Just..don't want to embarrass you." Ji quickly mumbled under her breath as he let out a laugh, thinking she was making jokes again.
She wasn't.

"What? You're kidding." His eyes glistened every time he looked at her, "Everyday I have to refrain myself from showing you off everywhere I go and now that I got the chance to, you are gonna say no? It's hard being famous!"
The last bit caused Ji to burst out laughing.

"Shut up, I beg you." She grinned, feeling nauseous all of a sudden. Her stomach hurt from only imagining how awkward she would be in front of his other famous friends.
What right did she even have?

"You are my girlfriend."

Ah, that's where it was. "Jungwon, I'm not using you to meet your celebrity friends."

"I insist, and it was me who suggested it."

"Fine." She pushed away the school work that she almost finished revising, "But it's been a while since I talked to anyone other than you. I will say weird shit."

jungwon's p.o.v

Why was I so fucking nervous?

I kept glancing next to me, Ji's face was stone hard, probably a sign of nervousness as well. But I was a 100% sure she was more composed than me.

"You ready?" My heart fluttered as I spoke. It was as if I was about to introduce my partner to my parents.
Just without the parents.

"Ready when you are." She smiled.
That's when I knew. Her smile seemed almost too flawless, she must be dying of nervousness right now. I was about to ask her if she practiced to smile that typical advertisement smile that almost seemed too eerily perfect, but I knew she would have kicked my ass. The next moment, I took a deep breath, simultaneously squeezing Ji's hand a little tighter.