013

ji's p

ji's p.o.v

"Why isn't he picking up..?" I pouted to myself, glancing at woncat running around in circles after I threw her a piece of her favorite snack, "How spoiled you are..." The corners of my lips turned upwards, as I was letting out a sigh afterwards.

Was he already tired of me?
My smile slowly fell again, as I let my tired body drop backwards onto the thin mattress placed on the ground.

It wasn't late yet. And I'm sure he was too busy to listen to my sob stories.

Right in that moment, when I was just about to give up, my phone rang, startling both me and the little cat next to me as I sat up almost immediately.

"Hello..?" The smile on my face slowly returned.

"Hey...Sorry, I had to tell my...uh- colleagues that I was busy."

I tilted my head in confusion, still smiling at how silken Jungwon's voice sounded. I was surprised every time, "Have you been running? You sound rather...breathless."

"I-"

I added right away, "Or is it because I'm taking your breath away?"

"..."

I could hear him attempt to suppress his laughter on the other side of the phone, causing me to chuckle, "C'mon! Don't lie to yourself. That one was good!"

"Okay, I admit. It wasn't too bad."

"See?"

"You said you wanted to tell
me something?"

Realization hit me. I nodded, as if he could see me, "Oh, yeah...right. I almost forgot about that."

"You don't have to
if you don't feel comfortable."

I smiled gratefully, feeling warmth spread inside my whole body. "No, it's alright. I trust you."

"I trust you too."

There was a playful smirk on my face.
"Are you ready though?"

"I am ready. Not sure for what,
but I'm ready."

Just when I opened my mouth to reply, Jungwon continued.

"But remember to take a break
or two if things become too overwhelming."

How considerate.
"I will. Thank you, Jungwon."
Clearing my throat, I closed my eyes, letting the memories take over me.