- 08

R Y A N08 | want

R Y A N
08 | want

One foot resting on my other knee, I look at my watch, waiting for Lizzie to burst out of her cabin and give me an earful.

She had no idea what I had in store for her today. The moment she entered, wearing a tight pencil skirt that accentuated her delightful ass and with her hair open in straight waves, I gave her the first shock of working for me.

'Present the slides,' I said, handing her the file for today's presentation.

She had widened her eyes at me, completely aware that she didn't prepare for anything as such. She took the file from me with trembling hands.

'What's this?' she asked, scanning through the documents.

'Your presentation for today.'

'Presentation? You didn't tell me about it.'

'You're my assistant, Miss. Gold. You're supposed to be ready for every task I put forth for you. Are you telling me you can't do it?'

Her pretty mouth pressed into a thin line.

'Fine,' she exhaled. 'But I need some time to prepare.'

I looked at my watch, focusing on each tick before I looked back at her.

'One hour, pet. That's all you've got. Run.'

She looked like the earth had been rocked from under her feet as she turned around and rushed towards her cabin. I took a glance at her shapely hips as she disappeared, fighting the urge to slap her ass in a very inappropriate manner.

It has been more than an hour now. I am late for the meeting but since the company is mine, I don't let that bother me.

After all, I want Lizzie to beg me for forgiveness but I sure don't want her to make a fool of us in the conference room in front of her twenty other colleagues.

The door to her cabin opens and Lizzie steps out, holding the file in her hands and still reading.

"Are you done preparing for your test, Miss. Gold?" I ask, smirking as I get up and correct the invisible creases on my blazer.

She shuts the file, frowning at me like I have asked her if she is willing to drown her pet for me.

"Yes," she says, sighing deeply. "I'm ready."

"Good. Let's go then."

She follows me as we step out of my office, letting the door shut itself behind us.

Lizzie looks nervous as we start for the conference room, passing by Martha who gives her a look of sympathy. Nowadays, everyone in the office sort of sympathizes with her.

It has been three days since Miss. Gold has been working for me and so far, no matter whatever obstacles I put in her path, she managed to outwit them all. I am half-pissed, half-impressed at my new assistant for her resourcefulness.