- 36

R Y A N36 | love kills

R Y A N
36 | love kills

Lust demands. Love kills — I learn that lesson the hard way.

The week of working around Lizzie proves to be complicated. I battle between wanting to yell at her, demanding answers, and wanting to drag her over my lap and make her ride me. I manage to keep things professional, my sanity in check because, with her new hairstyle — those bangs that make her look so innocently perfect, she is the temptation that brings back all the emotions I try to keep hidden.

The only way I can keep myself in control is by making her run dumb errands for me so that I don't have to spend much time with her in our cabin.

She is like a drug inside my veins. I am unable to forget her. The ring I bought for her still sits inside my bedside table drawer. I had intended to throw it away in my rage but my hands couldn't carry on with the task.

I haven't even changed the sheets where we spent our last night together in. I had the servants bring them to my penthouse just so that I could still have something to remind me of her scent.

This woman has screwed me over badly. I am her masterpiece. She didn't break my heart. She tore it right out of my chest and fed it to metaphorical wolves.

If that wasn't enough, this week has been made worse by someone leaking our private financial numbers to the market and making us lose deals left and right.

My life is a mess.

The private elevator opens to my penthouse hall where a figure by the bar makes me freeze halfway through undoing my tie.

Reece is seated on a leather stool with a whiskey bottle in his hand. His shirt is undone at the top, his tie halfway down his neck, and his hair a mess of curls as he takes a sip straight from the bottle first before pouring it into a glass. Even if he notices me, he ignores my presence while satisfying himself with my collection of fine wine.

Unlike Lizzie, Reece is someone I haven't dared to face yet. I meant to confront him at first but then stopped myself. What would I even confront him about? He played me the same way I played him, except his reasons were different from mine. Our relationship has always been fragile. There had been a time we were thick as thieves but not anymore.

I step inside my penthouse while loosening my tie from around my neck. It is a Friday night. I had been intending to take a shower and lose myself in a drink or two alone, the only thing I have done these days anyways. But with Reece here, tonight I would have some company it seems.

I reach the bar, working to undo my cuffs while Reece picks up another bottle from the shelf. He unscrews the lid, pouring himself a glass. I slide another glass towards him, a silent gesture for him to fill mine too. He doesn't even look at me as he does that before passing it back to me. I take the stool next to him, hands over the counter with a finger tracing the brim of my glass.