- 26

follow me on my Instagram (iya_fictional) where I post constant updates and teaser for upcoming chapters!

can you guys give me 50 comments before the next chapter? I'll post sooner then!

happy reading <3

• • •

R Y A N
26 | paper crowns

"I thought billionaires didn't drive their women around," Lizzie teases while sliding into my BMW.

She settles herself in the passenger seat, her perfume infiltrating my senses quickly. The dress she is wearing is the one I chose at the mall, which adds to my heightened sense of her presence around me. My girl is clothed in something I chose for her. Her face is dabbed with minimal makeup with that infuriating red lipstick which is my worst enemy as it gets to be on her lips twenty-four-seven. Everything about her sends a rush of blood to a spot far south of my body.

"You're not just any woman."

She turns to me, beaming her million-dollar smile my way. Her teeth are all shiny white. This woman would be my ruin someday; I can feel that in my veins.

I roll the car from her apartment building, hitting the road with careful speed. I don't often drive, fucking hate it even because driving was the cause of my father's death. I don't wish it to be the end of mine. However, being alone in a car with Lizzie feels good; it feels comfortable.

"So...I googled you," Lizzie says, biting back a smile.

"You did?" I let out a raspy chuckle, finding pleasure at the thought that she took the time to pay that much attention to me.

"Yeah...I wanted to know everything so I could be prepared for your Mom, who by the way...is gorgeous."

She scrounges into her purse, bringing out that hot red lipstick. Watching herself in the rearview mirror, she adds another layer of red to her pillowy lips.

"She is..." I nod in agreement. "There's a reason she is number one in the fashion industry. As much as it is weird to admit, I know her face has a lot to do with that."

"Your Mom sounds amazing in her interviews! I can't wait to meet her. Why don't you and the other Mr. Pierce live at your mansion?"

"When you get older, you'll understand how much privacy matters. Family isn't always worth the time."

"Oh..." Lizzie's voice is soft, drifting into my ears like a soothing note of music. "I wouldn't know. To me, family means everything. It'd be a dream to have my own someday."

God...let it be with me, please

"What do you mean? I thought your adoptive family loved you growing up."