- 32

L I Z Z I E32 | breaking Pierce

L I Z Z I E
32 | breaking Pierce

Settling myself comfortably above the toilet seat cover of Ryan's grandiose bathroom proves to be a good way of killing time. That is after I have managed to rub off the cum-stains coating my inner thighs while sobbing in front of his mirror.

I know I have screwed up. Getting pregnant is nowhere near my five-year plan and if I end up getting knocked up by Ryan Pierce — the man I was sent to betray — my autobiography would have some questionable controversies.

I let out a strangled sigh, inhaling a deep breath to steady my nerves. I need to take that Plan B and pray that it works. One thing's for sure — I am buying the condoms next time. He underestimates his size. He needs a larger pack of them.

"It's okay, Lizzie. You won't get knocked up," I affirm to myself in the mirror, taking in my mascara-dripping reflection.

At least I look better than I had looked when I entered the bathroom.

I pull open the door and step out, only to find the view of a still-shirtless Ryan sitting on the edge of his bed. He has his chin resting above clasped fingers, eyes staring blankly at the wall TV ahead of him which reflects his tormented looks on the black screen.

I wonder if he is scared of the broken condom too. Of course, he is. He doesn't want a child. He could never want one, not after the way he winces back from showing affection to even his little sister.

"Hey..." I say softly. "Is the Plan B here?"

"Was any of it real?"

His question sends me off-balance. I stop some distance away from him, halted by the sudden roughness that lingers in his tone.

"What?" I ask.

"Was it real?" he repeats, his head turning to make me notice the hint of bloodshot eyes on him. He rises, taking calculated steps toward me. I immediately step back the further he moves forward. "You. Me. Us. Was any of it real, Lizzie?"

I gulp down the anxiety that his question creates in my mind. I am aware that this isn't a casual question he would suddenly think of asking. He has other motives and I am not sure what they are.

"Ryan..." I suck in a breath; his name is a nervous rhythm that escapes me with a shiver. "What do you mean?"

"He sent you."

Three words. Three words are all that takes to flip my world upside down.

Reece

If I had unsteady nerves before, now there is a storm that rattles me. The next back step I take makes me collide with the wall behind me as the oxygen leaves my lungs. Ryan goes quiet as his sharp eyes watch me in a cut-throat manner. Even his look threatens to throw me off the rails.