14. Jimmy Choo's

"Oppa!" Dae Eun turned around and nearly fell over, and Taehyung caught her just in time.

"Hey, be careful." Taehyung held her upper arms to steady her. She recovered quickly and seemed embarrassed.

"You don't like this dress?" Dae Eun asked. She turned around again and Taehyung held the top of her head. Dae Eun laughed.

"It's not that I don't like it, but you could do better. Isn't that right?" Taehyung turned to Sunhee and Dae Eun introduced them, making sure to keep her voice low so no one would hear his name. Sunhee was delighted, looking at him with stars in her eyes.

"What's the occasion?"

"My cousin's getting married on Saturday and I was asked to look presentable. I'm just a guest really."

"Hmm..." Taehyung assessed her figure and seemed to be thinking. "Let's look for another dress," he said as he turned her around back to the dressing room. When she had changed, Taehyung held her forearm and steered her forward as they moved about the crowded shopping mall. He took the bags Sunhee was holding so she could walk unhampered.

"Is it okay for you to be out here? There are too many people." Dae Eun was getting worried that he might be recognized. She hoped to find the dress soon so that they could leave.

"We'll see." He actually didn't give it much thought and just went. He was due at JKL in an hour, but he knew he wouldn't make it.

Taehyung spotted a store filled with gowns and steered them there. There were fewer people in this store since the clothes looked more expensive than others. He placed the bags on the floor and proceeded to the racks holding gowns.

"I'm not a bridesmaid!" Dae Eun exclaimed. It was so out-of-character for her to be wearing something so fancy.

"Do you have to be to wear these dresses?" Taehyung picked one. "Here, try this one on." It was a full gown, light-colored and lightly-beaded.

Dae Eun turned to Sunhee for help and the girl with stars in her eyes smiled from ear to ear and said, "It's beautiful! Eonni, try it on please!" She was out-voted.

Dae Eun took the gown from Taehyung and looked at the price tag. "This is twice as much as the other dress, Oppa!"

"Shall I buy it for you?" He laughed. For the only daughter of a corporate giant, she was as down-to-earth and thrifty as a respectable Korean woman. He liked it.

"No, Oppa, I've got this." Dae Eun could feel her face getting warmer. She must be turning red. She didn't want to show Taehyung how stingy she could be, and now it was too late. She went into the dressing room and put the gown on. The image she saw on the mirror surprised her. Wow, this is what a good dress can do. She found the confidence to step out and show them.

Taehyung was chatting with Sunhee, who was laughing non-stop while holding onto his arm, as she went out of the dressing room. The moment he saw her Taehyung stopped talking and looked visibly surprised, maybe even awed.

 The moment he saw her Taehyung stopped talking and looked visibly surprised, maybe even awed